All these boring characters instead of the famous ones

Marvel has a massive history and a huge universe of really cool and famous characters. Lots of characters that lots of players want. And still we get loads of boring 4-stars, like Kingpin, Electra and Star-Lord. And boring 3-stars, that aren't even well-known nor popular...I mean, Squirrel Girl? Kamala Khan? What happened to Nightcrawler, Jean Grey, Black Cat, Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, a beefed-up Venom, Carnage, etc? Not to mention that Juggernaut is still a lousy 1-star...come on! He's an incredibly powerful character and all he gets is a slot among the 1-stars?

This game needs a serious reshuffling of the character roster and the power levels. I used to look forward to new characters but with so many new 4-stars (that won't even matter anyway because people only use Lady Thor and that's it) and all these "meh" characters, I really couldn't care less. This game just gets more and more boring.

Comments

• JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    People need to realize that in a lot of cases Marvel is not the, or the only, rights holder to a specific character and clearance needs to be received from ALL rights holders before a character can be used. I'm sure in at least some cases those rights holders either flat out refuse or want too high of a licensing fee and/or other concessions that make using the character cost prohibitive.
  • Also they seem to be doing a cross promotion thing where they are giving us characters from current media that they want us to look into.

Kamala is the prime example of that, she is new and apparently selling comics quite well. This is their way of getting her even more exposure. I remember one of the devs replying to questions about electra mentioning her more recent comics, her 4* status being based on those instead of her past. This is also likely why we got "redsuit" cyclops instead of his older more iconic look. I am not a comic reader myself but did enjoy seeing the guardians of the galaxy show up Star Lord included.

Saying all that means I understand why they are selecting the characters they are, but the classics that make my nostalgia smile are great too. We did just finally get the professor after all.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Iron fist is getting a show on Netflix, Kingpin will be featured in the new DD show, etc, etc..
  • Boring is in the eye of the beholder. A lot of people seem to want Carnage, but I think he's literally the most boring character they could introduce. I'm actually pretty happy with the character selection of late, with the exception of the handful of conspicuous absences (that I suspect are beyond their control).