Anyone there does actual playtesting?

Options
I'm still in shock. And keep wondering how on earth this update's content was allowed out of the door. Is there no QA at all? No one took a moment to sit down playing?

For heaven's sake, this is a gem matching game. The core of it is the player looking at the field, spotting the colored tiles to decide the current match and the next few for himself and the opponent. To play well it is strain on the eye and the brains enough in itself.

And now what we have as new improved interface? Banners flying over the playfield. Not kidding, go look yourself. I don't believe it is happening.

I play my OBW team against other OBW and for every move a huge gray banner with "espionage" flies over the table. Ruining my vision and concentration.

Now this really does it.

Comments

• I like the new banners. They tell me much clearer what is going off. Also the game is much less laggy and snaps real well.
  • Why pay play testers when they can pay you?
  • It's more shocking the game started out the way it is than the changes that have been made.
  • Why pay play testers when they have people that pay to test the game for them?
    Fixed that for you
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I love the new update . . . It's cool.

They updated esponiage, the maggia countdown tiles ,the reward claim ,skip ,and more. It looks much better and digestive.
    It's not intended to be a basic matching game and is based around marvel, you should expect this.
  • There are many reasons to question the QA quality at Demiurge (hur hur no1 noticed Patch's main ability is broken lolz) but a .5 second animation that replaces the previous.5 second animation and crucially, dissapears after .5 seconds to reveal the full game field isn't it.
  • abuelo wrote:
    There are many reasons to question the QA quality at Demiurge (hur hur no1 noticed Patch's main ability is broken lolz) but a .5 second animation that replaces the previous.5 second animation and crucially, dissapears after .5 seconds to reveal the full game field isn't it.

Well, it stops my ability to play the game in the tracks, but if you say it's insignificant, there you go.

I have some more suggestions of the same genre:
    - shake the whole field
    - make it rotate a little time to time
    - apply some fog here or there
    - mirror it every few turns
    - make it slanted like the tiles -- prefereably changing slant to left, right and in extent

It's all good ways to spend development time while you NOT implement requests like "stop changing ability tabs under my primed mouse cursor".

I recall how cool Battle Chess was back 2 decades. But only to watch from sides, to play actual chess the classic top 2D view was preferred by any and all PLAYERS.

If I was the designer the first step of such "improvements" would always be a checkbox in the options to turn all parasites off.
  • Derethus wrote:
    Why pay play testers when they have people that pay to test the game for them?
    Fixed that for you

Not me, I was planning on dropping some money next week when I was no longer broke, after this horrible event I'm not feeling like it. The salt in the wound was who ever had the 'brillant' idea to lower the levels for one match and then the guys I just beat jumped from mid twenties to the mid eighties. Maybe I'll drop that money on Avenger's Alliance instead, they've never felt the need for punishing me for playing the game.
  • pasa_ wrote:
    abuelo wrote:
    There are many reasons to question the QA quality at Demiurge (hur hur no1 noticed Patch's main ability is broken lolz) but a .5 second animation that replaces the previous.5 second animation and crucially, dissapears after .5 seconds to reveal the full game field isn't it.

Well, it stops my ability to play the game in the tracks, but if you say it's insignificant, there you go.

I have some more suggestions of the same genre:
    - shake the whole field
    - make it rotate a little time to time
    - apply some fog here or there
    - mirror it every few turns
    - make it slanted like the tiles -- prefereably changing slant to left, right and in extent

It's all good ways to spend development time while you NOT implement requests like "stop changing ability tabs under my primed mouse cursor".

I recall how cool Battle Chess was back 2 decades. But only to watch from sides, to play actual chess the classic top 2D view was preferred by any and all PLAYERS.

If I was the designer the first step of such "improvements" would always be a checkbox in the options to turn all parasites off.

* clicks like *