Dear Demiurge....GO TINYKITTY TINYKITTY YOURSELVES!!!!!!!

Back to back new characters?
- You promised to never do this again.

Fun fact: I didn't even play for Kamala. Now I won't even bother for Kingpin either.

Please do yourselves and humanity a favor and go tinykitty yourselves! This game has jumped the shark. Laters.

~ MPQ community.

Comments

• over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Now have some tea/tequila/whatever and calm down.
    Devs often have to do things that are wildly unpopular among entitled players, err, I mean, 'vets', but most of them are done for right reasons and turn out to be for the better. This might not be the case, what with top 50 for 4* covers again, but missing new characters doesn't stop you from progressing. You can still play PvP, LRs, DPDQ, or even play PvE and hope for token luck.
  • warcin
    warcin Posts: 118
    Devs often have to do things that are wildly unpopular among entitled players, err, I mean, 'vets', but most of them are done for right reasons and turn out to be for the better. This might not be the case, what with top 50 for 4* covers again, but missing new characters doesn't stop you from progressing. You can still play PvP, LRs, DPDQ, or even play PvE and hope for token luck.

There is a significant difference with them doing an unpopular change and doing what they said they would not. They said they would not do this again, but still did it so while this response is a bit much there is some significant justification in the reaction
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    warcin wrote:

There is a significant difference with them doing an unpopular change and doing what they said they would not. They said they would not do this again, but still did it so while this response is a bit much there is some significant justification in the reaction
    It's pretty evident that MPQ team doesn't release the characters entirely on their own schedule, because some releases were, are and will continue to be clearly tied to movie/TV series/comic book releases: Goddess, Squirrel Girl, Kingpin, Luke Cage, Falcon and Lazy Cap, Guardians, etc. I'm not sure if this promise break wasn't caused by something similar.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if character releases that are obviously tied to TV/movie/comic releases weren't being dictated by Marvel. I imagine that other Marvel games are seeing similar releases for characters not already in their pool.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if character releases that are obviously tied to TV/movie/comic releases weren't being dictated by Marvel. I imagine that other Marvel games are seeing similar releases for characters not already in their pool.

Speaking of Marvel's broader agenda... Doesn't Daredevil hit Netflix soon?

This is probably their attempt at trying to get a character released slightly better coordinated with the associated media release. Think about how poorly coordinated the timing was for Groot or Gamora relative to the Guardians movie hitting theaters... they weren't at all. Or how Star Lord launched around the same time Guardians hit DVD.. oh wait, they missed that one too.

If they can get a character that has appeared in a Daredevil comic released within a Month of Daredevil hitting Netflix they have made improvements in that area. This is an obvious attempt to do so.
  • Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if character releases that are obviously tied to TV/movie/comic releases weren't being dictated by Marvel. I imagine that other Marvel games are seeing similar releases for characters not already in their pool.

This is probably their attempt at trying to get a character released slightly better coordinated with the associated media release. Think about how poorly coordinated the timing was for Groot or Gamora relative to the Guardians movie hitting theaters... they weren't at all. Or how Star Lord launched around the same time Guardians hit DVD.. oh wait, they missed that one too.

If they can get a character that has appeared in a Daredevil comic released within a Month of Daredevil hitting Netflix they have made improvements in that area. This is an obvious attempt to do so.
    I agree, it's probably just coordinating publicity for the Daredevil Netflix show, especially since Kingpin is the villain in it. The in-game timing still stinks though.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    rvs623 wrote:

I agree, it's probably just coordinating publicity for the Daredevil Netflix show, especially since Kingpin is the villain in it. The in-game timing still stinks though.
    Agreed. Terrible timing. DD drops on Netflix in 8 days IIRC. So just after this PVE ends.

Oh and then we have Age of Ultron coming too...
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    While the timing of Kingpin is very probably decreed from on high by Marvel, the timing of Kamala right before it was not.

Also, they could have scheduled a 4-day PvE and then released Kingpin in Deadpool vs. MPQ so there'd be a buffer event.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards

Tequila has never calmed a raging soul.