Unstable Iso-8 Leader board Glitch / Hack ?

Shuino
Shuino Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
Right now during the Unstable Iso-8 Tournament 1st place is currently over 1700 points, I would like to know how this is possible. I have played every missions and replayed a few and I'm currently sitting at 300 points. Replaying a mission gives 2 points. I highly doubt the guy in first has replayed the same mission 700 times. (Even more so with the mission having 3 60+ level NPCs)

Could anyone shed some light on this here?

Comments

• Shuino wrote:
    Right now during the Unstable Iso-8 Tournament the 1st place is currently over 1700 points, I would like to know how this is possible. I have played every missions and replayed a few and I'm currently sitting at 300 points. Replaying a mission gives 2 points. I highly doubt the guy in first has replayed the same mission 700 times. (Even more so with the mission having 3 60+ level NPCs)

The previous repeatable mission was worth 4 points and some players did that one hundreds of times so while I can't say that the person you are referring to didn't cheat, I seriously doubt they did; most likely they just have a much higher grind tolerance than most. icon_e_smile.gif The level of the NPCs isn't really a deterrent as, if you have the right team, you can wipe them in minutes taking little to no damage.
  • Shuino
    edited October 2013
    hogunner wrote:
    Shuino wrote:
    Right now during the Unstable Iso-8 Tournament the 1st place is currently over 1700 points, I would like to know how this is possible. I have played every missions and replayed a few and I'm currently sitting at 300 points. Replaying a mission gives 2 points. I highly doubt the guy in first has replayed the same mission 700 times. (Even more so with the mission having 3 60+ level NPCs)

The previous repeatable mission was worth 4 points and some players did that one hundreds of times so while I can't say that the person you are referring to didn't cheat, I seriously doubt they did; most likely they just have a much higher grind tolerance than most. icon_e_smile.gif The level of the NPCs isn't really a deterrent as, if you have the right team, you can wipe them in minutes taking little to no damage.

Even at 4 you still only had 24 hours to replay a mission 350 times while still placing high in the weekly and Arena. I think it is very unlikely the user did not cheat / hack with those kind of points. The user I am referring to is [Removed] which I'm sure you have seen on the leader boards as well.

EDIT:
    Also lets see here, if we say average fight would be 3 minutes. Then give or take the time it would take to restart the fight it would be about 18 hours to get that many points. Either the man is a robot or he is cheating.

(Also, I play my fair share of this game as well placing first in my Arena bracket and in the top 10 in the last two weekly's)
  • Shuino wrote:
    hogunner wrote:
    Shuino wrote:

Even at 4 you still only had 24 hours to replay a mission 350 times while still placing high in the weekly and Arena. I think it is very unlikely the user did not cheat / hack with those kind of points. The user I am referring to is [redacted] which I'm sure you have seen on the leader boards as well.

EDIT:
    Also lets see here, if we say average fight would be 3 minutes. Then give or take the time it would take to restart the fight it would be about 18 hours to get that many points. Either the man is a robot or he is cheating.

(Also, I play my fair share of this game as well placing first in my Arena bracket and in the top 10 in the last two weekly's)

Easy there, Shuino; before you get yourself too worked up you should know that your math is off (substantially). The 4 iso event was available for 48 hours so that's 175 games a day (assuming they haven't also grinded ((ground??) the 2 iso event at all in the last 36 hours). Not my cup of tea but rather easily doable for those that like to grind. Once again, I have no way of knowing if anyone is cheating but I sincerely doubt this person is (let's not go throwing names around, either; if you really suspect someone is cheating you should send their name to support via the ingame feedback or support email).
  • Shuino
    Tons of users have cheated using an exploit I will not name before the 2nd patch went live which you could get unlimited Iso-8 and Coins. I'm sure you have noticed in the first week playing the game had a handful of users with max level 4 Star Wolverine's and other 3 Star Covers.

I obviously have no proof of the user I named is cheating but with the amount of points that user has across all events it is highly irregular which I would assume you think as well.

EDIT:
    Removed the user in question as your are right about it being in bad taste bringing him up on the community forums.
  • Shuino wrote:
    Tons of users have cheated using an exploit I will not name before the 2nd patch went live which you could get unlimited Iso-8 and Coins. I'm sure you have noticed in the first week playing the game had a handful of users with max level 4 Star Wolverine's and other 3 Star Covers.

I obviously have no proof of the user I named is cheating but with the amount of points that user has across all events it is highly irregular which I would assume you think as well.

Well perhaps I am not the best one to speak on this subject as the only exploit I was aware of was the time one which is substantially limited in its benefits . If you really feel this user is cheating than do send the devs a message with their name and the reason(s) you feel they are cheating, either via email or feedback (or both) but I'm not sure what else you're going to elicite with a query like this other than more speculation from other players. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Shuino wrote:
    hogunner wrote:
    Shuino wrote:

Even at 4 you still only had 24 hours to replay a mission 350 times while still placing high in the weekly and Arena. I think it is very unlikely the user did not cheat / hack with those kind of points. The user I am referring to is [Removed] which I'm sure you have seen on the leader boards as well.

EDIT:

I dunno, with my fairly low level group of characters, I can complete this in about 3 minutes 1 out of 3 tries(retreating if I'm about to get hit). I think someone with higher level characters could make much better time than me.
  • Shuino
    hogunner wrote:
    Shuino wrote:

Well perhaps I am not the best one to speak on this subject as the only exploit I was aware of was the time one which is substantially limited in its benefits . If you really feel this user is cheating than do send the devs a message with their name and the reason(s) you feel they are cheating, either via email or feedback (or both) but I'm not sure what else you're going to elicite with a query like this other than more speculation from other players. icon_e_smile.gif

I have already done so but with the changes to the skills it's much harder to tell if someone is cheating. It was very obvious before the patch when people would show up in Versus with completely maxed level 4 Star and 3 Star Covers. If you wanted to even level up that 4 Star Wolverine with coins before the patch it would have cost over a hundred dollars even during the sale.
  • Shuino wrote:
    hogunner wrote:
    Shuino wrote:

I have already done so but with the changes to the skills it's much harder to tell if someone is cheating. It was very obvious before the patch when people would show up in Versus with completely maxed level 4 Star and 3 Star Covers. If you wanted to even level up that 4 Star Wolverine with coins before the patch it would have cost over a hundred dollars even during the sale.

Not that this disproves your theory of cheating but I think you greatly underestimate how much money some people throw at freemium games. I am by no means rich and I've spent $50 and plan to spend more at some point. Hundreds or even thousands of dollars isn't unheard of even if it is a bit unimaginable to those of us without massive disposable incomes.
  • Shuino
    Ranzera wrote:
    I dunno, with my fairly low level group of characters, I can complete this in about 3 minutes 1 out of 3 tries(retreating if I'm about to get hit). I think someone with higher level characters could make much better time than me.

I have a fairly low level team as well: Thor 66, Storm Modern 50, Magneto 32. I do not have trouble killing them but the time a user would have to invest in 84 hours to get 1720 points just seems insane. Maybe since I've been out of College for a bit now I just don't remember how much free time I used to have as well haha
  • Shuino
    hogunner wrote:
    Not that this disproves your theory of cheating but I think you greatly underestimate how much money some people throw at freemium games. I am by no means rich and I've spent $50 and plan to spend more at some point. Hundreds or even thousands of dollars isn't unheard of even if it is a bit unimaginable to those of us without massive disposable incomes.

Very true, but it most likely would've taken thousands of dollars to get all 3 of 4 Star Wolverines moves and then level them up to max before the last patch. HAHA I'm honestly really happy with the patch and the changes to the game it made it by far way less pay-to-win.
  • Shuino wrote:
    Ranzera wrote:

I have a fairly low level team as well: Thor 66, Storm Modern 50, Magneto 32. I do not have trouble killing them but the time a user would have to invest in 84 hours to get 1720 points just seems insane. Maybe since I've been out of College for a bit now I just don't remember how much free time I used to have as well haha

My whole team is babies compared to you. * Storm [5/3/5] level 35, Captain America [1/2/2] Level 22 (I think), ** Wolverine [3/0/3] Level 37. I'm #30 in my bracket as of this morning.
  • Shuino
    Ranzera wrote:
    Shuino wrote:
    Ranzera wrote:

My whole team is babies compared to you. * Storm [5/3/5] level 35, Captain America [1/2/2] Level 22 (I think), ** Wolverine [3/0/3] Level 37. I'm #30 in my bracket as of this morning.

Wow i have no idea how your even completing the repeat missions as those levels. I'm currently at 438 sitting in 46th at the moment.
  • Shuino wrote:
    Ranzera wrote:
    Shuino wrote:
    Ranzera wrote:

Wow i have no idea how your even completing the repeat missions as those levels. I'm currently at 438 sitting in 46th at the moment.

Mostly thanks to Wolverine's Strike tiles amping my damage up to the proper damage levels. I have to get Mistriss of Elements -> Lightning -> Hailstorm off in that order fairly early on or it doesn't work. Also, strike tiles stack with hailstorm so that helps a ton.
  • Shuino
    Well the guy in my bracket is now well over 2000 points.....

*EDIT*

• Shuino, I think you need to take a chill pill. It's tedious, but it's not impossible.

If you have a good enough team, you can blitz through each game in 3-5 mins (the current one for 6 Iso), and the previous one (2 Iso) within 1-2 minutes. There are people who can spend every single minute playing this game, so that rate of points progression you see is possible.

If you really feel there's something wrong, drop the Devs a note like Hogunner mentioned. In any case, all you need is to get into the top 15 for the prize, which is sane by my standards.
  • Shuino wrote:
    I think it is very unlikely the user did not cheat / hack with those kind of points. The user I am referring to is [Removed] which I'm sure you have seen on the leader boards as well.

And I think you need to be careful with your accusations. I have over 1300 points, legitimately earned through strength of team (which I have invested in), and hard hours put in. Just because you can't attain that, doesn't mean they can't.
  • From this thread: http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=165&start=200
    Polkio wrote:
    UPDATE icon_e_smile.gif

Probably because of me icon_e_smile.gif
    I was grinding like hell today from 1700 points to 2384 now. 3 hours of playing. But it was worth it - yellow spidey is mine.
    Tactics was super and really fast with good team against spy and two flamethrowers because they were not moving and only placing countdown title. But now moonstone fight back icon_e_smile.gif and you have to choose cpt america. Damm devs icon_e_smile.gif. Lucky that to 2500 marker is not far away

Hopefully that puts this thread to rest. icon_e_smile.gif
  • I believe its totally doable. I have Spidey level 45, thor 45 and classic storm. I was locked out for a day due to tutorial bug and had classes and work and have grinded 740 iso over the event(#8 in bracket.) If i had all these characters at 85 it would be a breeze. I finish fight rather quick. Let the flame thrower hit me. Stoems Barrier hits all enemies twice, heal up with spidey and finish em off. Rinse and repeat. I am a grinder, so I have been on most of the day grinding. I see no problem in anyone with a high level team doing twice as much as me. However if his team were low level....then yes that would be fishy. A maxxed out ragnarok(of which I have seen many) would kill everything is seconds and no need to worry bout flamethrower due to so many green blocks.

I would guess no cheating....alot of grinding with a high level team.
  • I've got a Lv100+ Ragnarok and he doesn't wipe them out straight away. Still takes a bit of work. High level team is an absolute must, good planning and plenty of patience (in other words, no life!)
  • The Ladder wrote:
    I've got a Lv100+ Ragnarok and he doesn't wipe them out straight away. Still takes a bit of work. High level team is an absolute must, good planning and plenty of patience (in other words, no life!)

"No life" or "The best life"?! icon_e_wink.gif