Missed opportunity with Kingpin release

I feel an opportunity was missed to create a new event for the Kingpin release. D3P could have created a Hell's Kitchen story, featuring Daredevil, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Elektra, and Black Panther each boosted to some degree. But I say that without weighing abilities.

Comments

• Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    New events don't make money. Tricking noobs and squeezing vets into buying another roster slot does.
  • True, but what the ****?!? I didn't type that ****. I had real characters! How'd they change?!?
  • Okay, nevermind. Up to speed.
  • Oh, and Bullseye.
  • Ludaa wrote:
    New events don't make money. Tricking noobs and squeezing vets into buying another roster slot does.

Sadly, I've been at both ends.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2015
    Every character deserves a release event. One where the final node hands out a single cover. But *ESPECIALLY* 4* characters. I mean come one, you want us to be attached to these characters and create some kind of narrative for them, but I still have no idea why Beast is even in this game. He just wandered in one day, ploped down a test tube bench, and started making countdown tiles.

A Hell's Kitchen event for Kingpin's release would have been awesome. ANY kind of release event for the never ending stream of characters we are getting would be awesome. Instead they get shoved in here so D3 can keep its token lottery spinners going and the HP purchases flush, and players get homework assignments (reading lists) to figure out who this new character is.

Enemy of the State was interesting, in that it gave Elektra a reason for being but it was post her release. Would it have been so terrible to make some of those nodes into loaner Elektra nodes and then have an Elektra and Wolverine hug it out node at the end that hands out a cover, making this her actual release event? Even if you change that cover to be a Patch or remove it in subsequent runs, that would have made that event monumental.

At the very very least, if you continue to use reruns to release characters, put in a generic node at the end that has a single cover as the reward. Give your players the new shiny, 1 cover isn't going to break the bank, not to mention it would smooth out the PvE Essentials for Progress rewards problem.

And then you go and do things like the Vortex PvP where some weird group of characters is buffed and I go "what?" and have to read the marvel wiki for 3 hours trying to figure out what the story is. THIS Would have made a great PvE also. In fact, you could make theme PvPs out of all your PvE stories, where certain groups are buffed for it, but they should be PvE stories first.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I feel an opportunity was missed to create a new event for the Kingpin release. D3P could have created a Hell's Kitchen story, featuring Daredevil, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Elektra, and Black Panther each boosted to some degree. But I say that without weighing abilities.
    They can do that for the next PvE, similar to how Enemy of the State was handled. First giveo ut Elektra, then have a big event featuring her.