Character color tanking not working?

Options
Hi,

Is there any known problem or change in the way which character matches which color? In other words, I thought that if two characters had the same attack value for a given color, then the character that would match the color was determined by position (i.e CENTER > LEFT > RIGHT).

But I have a Lvl. 163 lazyThor and a Lvl. 139 Grocket. Both have a yellow tile damage of 69. No matter where I put them in my line-up, Thor is always matching the yellow.

Am I missing something?

Comments

• KrazyKeylime
    Options
    was it just today or a few days ago as well? I had some issue trying to get the color right for SS strike with opponents that had the same value.
  • I thought I noticed the problem last week with Grocket and Hood, and today I noticed it with Grocket and lThor. Not sure how long it's been a problem...
  • At less than max level there is decimal rounding that screws up color tanking. Thor has 69.something that's bigger than Groot's. If you want Groot to tank, level him a bit more so he has 70 match damage.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    erlloyd wrote:
    Hi,

Is there any known problem or change in the way which character matches which color? In other words, I thought that if two characters had the same attack value for a given color, then the character that would match the color was determined by position (i.e CENTER > LEFT > RIGHT).

But I have a Lvl. 163 lazyThor and a Lvl. 139 Grocket. Both have a yellow tile damage of 69. No matter where I put them in my line-up, Thor...ess? is always matching the yellow.

Am I missing something?

There are hidden decimals.
  • Unless the levels are equal between two characters, you should assume that any apparent ties are not really ties because there is a decimal place you cannot see.

For very high level characters (way above cap), it appears the high level match nerf made them not gain any match damage for certain levels so you get some really weird stuff like 2 characters of same rarity and one's at 280 and the other is at 281 but they're actually tied even though you might be tempted to think the level 281 guy has the tiebreaker, but does not!