Fan Character Design: Carnage

Options
Breaking this out of the huge post as I really liked how he turned out with some conversation about it.

Max Health would be 6800, Color Priority of redtile.pngblacktile.pnggreentile.png

redflag.png Symbiotic Slash 8 redtile.png
Carnage slashes out with a weapon made from his symbiote, damaging the target for 118 and causing it to bleed, creating 3 5 damage red attack tile. If there are 8 or more red attack tiles on the board, he downs the enemy, converting 8 red attack tiles to basic red tiles.

Level 2: Increases the base damage from 177
Level 3: Increases the attack tile damage to 11
Level 4: The attack creates 4 red attack tiles for 8 damage and decreases the number of converted red attack tiles to basic tiles to 7
Level 5: Increases the base damage to 236, the attack tiles damage to 10 and if there are more than 7 red attack tiles on the board, he downs them, converting 5 red attack tiles to basic red tiles.

blackflag.png Corrupting Influence - 5 blacktile.png
(Active) Carnage spreads a corrupting influence throughout the battlefield, twisting the minds of those that would come to help. Transforms 3 team up tiles to red tiles
(Passive) Carnage uses the corruption of the battlefield to his advantage, feeding his symbiote and repairing damage to himself. At the beginning of every turn, if there are 12 or more black tiles Carnage regenerates for 44 health

Level 2: transforms 2 team-up tile to red and 2 team-up tile to green. Requires 11 or more black tiles to regenerate.
Level 3: If there are more than 5 red and 5 black tiles on the board, he also transforms 1 random yellow tile to red or green. Requires 10 or more black tiles to regenerate
Level 4: If there are more than 5 red and 5 black tiles on the board, he also transforms 1 random blue tile to red or green. Regenerates 15 health if there are fewer than 10 black tiles.
Level 5: If there are more than 5 red and 5 black tiles on the board, he also transforms 1 random purple tile to red or green. Regenerates 44 health in all circumstances

greenflag.png Carnage Rules! - 12 greentile.png
Carnage creates spikes all over his body and expels them with great force, damaging the enemy team as well as his own teammates. This ability does 83 damage to the enemy team and 44 to the other members of carnage's team and destroys 3 random tiles, dealing damage, but not generating AP.

Level 2: Increases the damage to the enemy team to 195 and 108 to allies other than Carnage and destroys 4 random tiles.
Level 3: Increases the damage to the enemy team to 250 and 92 to allies other than Carnage and destroy 6 random tiles.
Level 4: Increases the damage to the enemy team to 445 and 120 to allies other than Carnage and destroys 7 random tiles.
Level 5: Increases the damage to the enemy team to 713 and 160 to allies other than Carnage and destroys 9 random tiles.

I added the tile destruction to help play into the chaotic nature of the character a bit...just fun stuff icon_e_smile.gif

Comments

• This is among the more reasonable fan designs I've seen out there.

Black seems to effectively be 2 abilities, a weaker version of Patch's heal plus a minor transformation power. Knock off the heal and it might still be too good, but IF's purple exists...

Red is also interesting and would pair well with red generators. It's pretty weak on it's own like retribution, so the downing part is the worthy part of it. The ability to get red limits the number of attack tiles on board. The weak damage and attack tiles pair well with the ability. However, I would add in the restriction that downing the enemy destroys or at least neutralizes all red attack tiles. An interesting side effect of the way the ability is written is that it's a potent counter to Storm's hailstorm and doom's Demons. It competes with red strike tile spam.

No problems with Green. Seems pretty consistent with other green abilities out there, although it'd be easier to code as doing damage to all allies including oneself.

I eagerly await a Carnage. If this one came out I'd be really excited.
  • KrazyKeylime
    Options
    his red seems too good pair with 2* mag and cyclops red for days yellowtile.pngbluetile.pngblacktile.png --> redtile.png , maybe doubles damage and stuns not down