New Update?

Options
xdogg
xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
edited March 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Anyone know what this is? Thought we updated to R73 last week.

Comments

• warcin
    warcin Posts: 118
    Options
    I just got that as well. I don't want to load it until I know what it does.
  • antreas1911
    antreas1911 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I updated in android device. Weird. I see no difference. If i notice something i'll edit.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I play on android and keep getting the update pop-up but when I go to the Play store the button says open not update so there is no way to get rid of the pop-up. Quite annoying.
  • eaise
    eaise Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I play on android and keep getting the update pop-up but when I go to the Play store the button says open not update so there is no way to get rid of the pop-up. Quite annoying.

There is an update available. The pop-up will continue until you update.
    I'm waiting till I learn what is in the update before updating
    Does anyone know what the update consists of?
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    eaise wrote:

An update to fix the false update-notification.
  • I updated on my phone and can't tell any difference. That may mean whatever it is was low-key enough not for it to register, it may mean I'm unobservant. IW, Beast, Doc Ock appear unchanged.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    turul wrote:
    eaise wrote:

An update to fix the false update-notification.

We apologize for the fault in the update-notification. Those responsible have been sacked.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Im stuck in the same update loop, select Update, it opens Google Play, no update available
  • Updated (on andriod) just to kill the pop up. No idea what's different. Maybe its 73.1 and they fixed some of the flaws in 73, like level 110 TUs dropping.
  • Najbolji
    Najbolji Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    There was no fault in the update-notification. Those responsible for sacking the responsible have been sacked.
  • Najbolji wrote:
    There was no fault in the update-notification. Those responsible for sacking the responsible have been sacked.

Also Also Wik icon_lol.gif
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    I updated on my phone and can't tell any difference. That may mean whatever it is was low-key enough not for it to register, it may mean I'm unobservant. IW, Beast, Doc Ock appear unchanged.

The only difference so far is that it crashed in the middle of a PVP match I was about to win over lunch, costing me 50 points and a shot at getting the hero points at 725. I really hate how this game treats crashes. I think it causes frustration more than it prevents cheating.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    One of our back end SDKs updated with a non backwards compatible change and we didn't get notice of that until R73 had shipped. It only affected Android and has zero effect on gameplay, but it would have caused support issues going forward unless we fixed it sooner rather than later.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    One of our back end SDKs updated with a non backwards compatible change and we didn't get notice of that until R73 had shipped. It only affected Android and has zero effect on gameplay, but it would have caused support issues going forward unless we fixed it sooner rather than later.

I understood some of those words.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    IceIX wrote:

Pretty much why we didn't do a Patch Notes for it. "Fixed something that doesn't affect players" doesn't make for exciting reading, even if it is a necessary client patch. icon_e_smile.gif
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:

SDKs are developmental kits, so basically, one of the tool sets they were using had an update that caused a change without any backwards/lateral compatibility. Essentially, they just needed to switch a few Xs with Ys to make sure nothing broke going forward.
  • fmftint
    edited March 2015
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Why am I stuck in a loop, Google doesn't have an update but I am getting spammed "update available"
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Why am I sick in a loop, Google doesn't have an update but I am getting spammed "update available"

I would suggest clearing the data cache for MPQ on your device and rebooting the application. It can vary how to do this from device to device, so you'll have to Google how to do it for your device. Warning: I don't know if this will clear your save data, so make sure you have your data backed up to Facebook before attempting.

If that doesn't help (or you don't want to do that) I would go ahead and contact Customer Service.
  • fmftint
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Why am I stuck in a loop, Google doesn't have an update but I am getting spammed "update available"

I would suggest clearing the data cache for MPQ on your device and rebooting the application. It can vary how to do this from device to device, so you'll have to Google how to do it for your device. Warning: I don't know if this will clear your save data, so make sure you have your data backed up to Facebook before attempting.

If that doesn't help (or you don't want to do that) I would go ahead and contact Customer Service.
    Loop closed, restarted my phone and the update auto installed