new hero/villain idea

MarvelDestiny
MarvelDestiny Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
In the spirit of my last post regarding anti boosts/team-ups, how about creating a character with meta-powers? (These are powers that affect other powers, reducing or increasing their effectiveness.)

I know the game is limited to Marvel characters and I can't think of a character with meta powers. Rogue is close but she's more of a power 'vampire' and is not a good example of my suggestion.

Can anyone think of a good example?

Comments

• FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    The Morlock Leech has a dampening effect on mutant abilities. It might be cool to try to have something like that were some abilities were diminished if he was on the board. Forge's affinity for machines could also somehow be leveraged...

When you said meta-affecting powers, I am always looking for the abilities similar to the 'ante-affecting' cards in MtG or the cards that let you pull cards in from outside the current game deck. In this context these would be powers that had effects outside the 'match-3' game somehow.

A character that increased the ISO dropped after matches, or powers that changed enemy scaling somehow. Probably game-breaking...
  • I suppose the closest I can think of, would be characters who can manipulate probability. The most obvious examples being Scarlet Witch, Domino, Wiccan, Longshot and Black Cat.

I could see it being in the form of a countdown tile, like Luke Cage's Jab-Jab-Cross or Blade's black ability. Something like "creates a X-turn countdown tile. While active, any enemy abilities' effectiveness reduced by x%, and all friendly abilities increased by x%" or something.

Perhaps at higher levels (or for high-tier characters) it could be that the ability either misses altogether or backfires to the enemy team
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I put this in another thread with a complete list of powers for him, but Ghost Riders Penance Stare, use one of their powers against them, but stuns him for x turns as a physical/mental toll.