How do you grind nodes to zero now?

Now that they're 8 hours any strats?

Comments

• For a 12h sub the strat is finish asap, wait 8h, clear again, wait about 1-2h and start grinding. 4-5 clears per node puts them at 1 point.
  • Lerysh wrote:
    For a 12h sub the strat is finish asap, wait 8h, clear again, wait about 1-2h and start grinding. 4-5 clears per node puts them at 1 point.

It always seems like 2hours isn't enough time...Hmm I really want Ms. Marvel covers so I'm gonna try 3 hours.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honestly, with how many stacks there are, unless you're in a bracket from hell with 5+ people grinding optimally down to 1, all you really need to do is make sure to hit the 8h refresh, and then go and do your grind any time in the remaining 4 hours
  • dider152
    dider152 Posts: 263
    But in this **** event, there are 2 12 hour subs at one time, what do you guys recommend? I'll see how it turns out for me (since I just started the event today), but I think I'll do one clear, wait until there's 6 hours left, then spend 3 hours grinding one sub, then immediately 3 hours grinding the next.
  • Spoit wrote:
    Honestly, with how many stacks there are, unless you're in a bracket from hell with 5+ people grinding optimally down to 1, all you really need to do is make sure to hit the 8h refresh, and then go and do your grind any time in the remaining 4 hours

Really? What place do u end up? I don't usually grind to 0 but I'm always sitting outside of top 50
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    dider152 wrote:
    But in this tinykitty event, there are 2 12 hour subs at one time, what do you guys recommend? I'll see how it turns out for me (since I just started the event today), but I think I'll do one clear, wait until there's 6 hours left, then spend 3 hours grinding one sub, then immediately 3 hours grinding the next.

That's about 7 hours of total mpq play in a 12 hour period and then you have to turn around and do it again. That's ~14 out of a 24 hour day playing a match 3 game. icon_eek.gif

5 months in and you guys still never cease to amaze me.
  • udonomefoo wrote:
    dider152 wrote:
    But in this tinykitty event, there are 2 12 hour subs at one time, what do you guys recommend? I'll see how it turns out for me (since I just started the event today), but I think I'll do one clear, wait until there's 6 hours left, then spend 3 hours grinding one sub, then immediately 3 hours grinding the next.

That's about 7 hours of total mpq play in a 12 hour period and then you have to turn around and do it again. That's ~14 out of a 24 hour day playing a match 3 game. icon_eek.gif

In other news, gamers have played until they literally died, killed people over games, stolen because of games and done many human-like, nonsensical things in the history of humanity.

More on that on the 11 news.
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    udonomefoo wrote:
    dider152 wrote:

I'm only 6 months in and I think I've burned out as I really don't want to grind for this character despite knowing she's going to be an essential for the next PvE.
  • When I'm doing my second clear, I clear the lower (easier) sub even down to zero, then the hard event another clear, then 1.5-2 hours to end I work to 0 points on the hard node sets.

So far this has worked and I'm sitting at #3 overall in my bracket.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    raisinbman wrote:
    Spoit wrote:

Really? What place do u end up? I don't usually grind to 0 but I'm always sitting outside of top 50
    I didn't respond immediately, since at that point I'd been mostly skipping the pves, but I just did like 35 or so this event, with me not even bothering with a 2nd refresh this last sub after seeing that I was at like high 20s 4 hours out. Most of the clears, I actually only did 2 refreshes, for the later days only really like 1.5, plus some of the goon nodes on the hard sub to get top 30 for the HP. If I'd actually bothered with the end clears, or the easy subs, I probably could have done top 20, though there was no point since it was only HP this time
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Optimal strategy is to play right when the sub starts, play every 8 hours, and then give yourself enough time to grind every node down to 1 once the nodes will not have enough time to go back to full. The less time it takes you, the better your score will be, but it is better to get all of the passes in then to wait too long.

You can actually do 6 passes after the last full pass to get the nodes down to 1, because of the points that accumulate over time when you are clearing everything.