Is (this character) worth it? How to use ______

Options
I keep hearing about how great Loki is, and I always see him up in the top 20 matched with patch in pvp.
But what is so great about him?
I haven't really had a chance to use him and currently only have 1/1/3

Also, is spider man even worth having around?
I see nothing where he would even be useful?
Is it the health regen?

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Loki is great, especially with Patch. He flips enemy strike tiles, shuffles the board and forces the opponent to pass on match 4/5s
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,263 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Loki is a great support and he does a lot of things for your team. His green steals AP and punishes the AI for making match-4's, it's also a good protection against cascades, you'll at least get some AP out of them. His purple is a cheap boardshake that can be used to either generate AP (it is really good at it), move special tiles that you cannot get rid of making them easier to match.

His black is an anti strike/protect tiles skill. At level 5 he will convert them all of them to your side (enemy strike tiles become protect tiles, enemy protect tiles become strike tiles) which is great. That's why you see him paired with Patch, he will convert Patch's enemy strike tiles to protect tiles for you.

Spider-Man's heal is not very good no. His most useful purpose at the moment is reducing incoming damage through his protect tiles. It's a passive and they become quite strong the more web tiles you have on the board. He also has the cheapest stun (5 AP) which can be useful in a pinch. He can be used for survival nodes and PVE.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Patch Green + Loki Black is pretty game over. Plus if you are fighting Loki you generally need to target him first so that his Green doesn't go crazy when you get a cascade. He's a definite plus on any roster, and a 5 Green Loki is someone that you have to consider skipping unless you bring your own Loki or Hood.

Spiderman is only marginally useful. His protect tiles are nice (and if you run him with Falcon you can get some huge shields without spending any AP), and he can prema-stun an opponent late in the match with his Blue. He is not a force at all in PvP, but when he is buffed in PvE I use the heck out of him. But you really have to be planning on keeping a deep roster to make it worth investing in him.
  • Thanks guys!
    Alot of helpful information.

What about squirrel girl?
  • Your ISO would be better spent else where for the moment, for SG. She's a fringe character, not a main stay of your roster
  • I've also been thinking about cutting one or both ms marvels.
    I barely use them at all.
    2 star's black power was great really early on but now it's kinda whack.

I should place top 5 in this pvp to get 3 more covers for the 3--star.
    is she worth bumping up? i never see anyone play her. ever.
  • Squirrel Girl's main thing is she turns green AP into not green AP, and who really wants that? I could MAYBE see a SG/Cyke/4Thor team but now that Thor's been deflated, green is the power color yet again. Converting to not green is a terrible idea.

Maybe SG/Blade/Daken, no red but you literally want all the red on the board anyway.
  • Spiderman isn't too popular these days, but I like him. I have 5 covers in yellow, 1 in blue, 5 in purple. If you pair Spiderman with Falcon, you can put up some strong defenses very quickly.

I'm going to disagree with some previous posters about the usefulness of web bandages. It can come in very handy in survival mode.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Spider-man was once brokenly good, causing his current state to be underrated. I find him to be a very useful member of my team, and I regularly send him in with Patch and Grey Widow to take out the big enchilada in Deadpool's Daily Quest. With 5 pink covers, his protect tiles are potent. I see a lot of attacks hit patch for 1 damage, which he heals instantly.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    nnypirate wrote:
    I've also been thinking about cutting one or both ms marvels.
    I barely use them at all.
    2 star's black power was great really early on but now it's kinda whack.

I should place top 5 in this pvp to get 3 more covers for the 3--star.
    is she worth bumping up? i never see anyone play her. ever.

3* Captain Marvel is great at 5/5/3. If she gets hit hard she generates red for somebody else like 3* Captain America who can make great use of it. She is super tanky @ 8500 health and her black power does pretty good damage especially when coupled with the two turn stun. Her best point is having her red at 5 which makes her perfect against Spider-Man, 3* Magneto, Falcon and buffed PvE Bullseye because she blows up every single protect tile on the board when you trigger her red. I love her.
  • whoa. you guys weren't kidding. L0KI with patchy is just insane.
    I guess I didn't understand his power since i didn't have him fully covered. what a beast combo.

what about the vampire killer BIade?
    what are his strength/weakness?
    i don't have a single green cover for him though. i guess that is where his power lies?
  • Sirneverlies? !?! Who are all these people? Or am I missing some glaringly obvious thing here
  • its a word filter they are using for all the characters.

most likely to do with it being april fool's day and all.

loki is
    L
    O
    K
    i
  • Seen,

Loki
  • nnypirate wrote:
    whoa. you guys weren't kidding. L0KI with patchy is just insane.
    I guess I didn't understand his power since i didn't have him fully covered. what a TinyBlueKitty combo.

what about the vampire killer BIade?
    what are his strength/weakness?
    i don't have a single green cover for him though. i guess that is where his power lies?

Blade is pretty good. You can run Blade/Iron Fist/Daken and totally run a no green covers Blade. Green matches make red strike tiles, and IF can use that green to make MORE red strike tiles, then blade's purple and watch enemy health melt away. Plus he hunts sparkly vampires and that's awesome.

Blade's black is great for goon AP suppression, which can be the difference between getting Twin Pistoled in the face by Hood or not if you can steal his Muscle AP. I originally wanted a 5/3/5 Blade, but his purple is just too good. At 5 covers you can kick out 2k in attack tiles (plus the 6 strike tiles that got him there) and that just can't be ignored.