Maggia Don in Survival

EDL666
EDL666 Posts: 73
I've been doing some Deadpool Daily and there seems to be a bug with Maggia Don whenever he's in there.
It seems that he NEVER uses his black power, this has the effect of giving the next wave 30 black AP that they can use to spam back to back powers and it often leads to total team wipe even if I'd be full health... It makes survival seems more like pure chance than actual strategy and I believe it should be fixed

Comments

• http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26332#p323174 similar observation Phantron posted some good info
  • EDL666
    I knew the AI did something dumb like that with the minions, but that particular scenario is completely game breaking. There's no way I can drain those 30 black AP and today again I got party wiped with some stupid successive Rage of the Panther, it seems all I could do is have Elektra with Shadow Step and just cancel the damage every time... But that is horribly unfair considering that there's no way to tell what's going to pop-up and that there's only a handful of powers that can help manage that... If it's not an AI bug, then it's a game balance bug concerning those specific instances
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    EDL666 wrote:
    I knew the AI did something dumb like that with the minions, but that particular scenario is completely game breaking. There's no way I can drain those 30 black AP and today again I got party wiped with some stupid successive Rage of the Panther, it seems all I could do is have Elektra with Shadow Step and just cancel the damage every time... But that is horribly unfair considering that there's no way to tell what's going to pop-up and that there's only a handful of powers that can help manage that... If it's not an AI bug, then it's a game balance bug concerning those specific instances

check out the events portion, you will always know what is going to pop

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=27984
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is why I always bring somebody to Big Enchilada who can either stun or nuke the enemy team the instant they come out - with the way goons behave, giving up even a single turn can be death. Captain America with multiple shield throws ready to go, Luke Cage with at least four levels of JJC and a bunch of black AP (protip: MNMags+Mystique isn't an infinite turn machine anymore, but you can still use them to gain huge amounts of black and red AP), that sort of thing. Take your time against the goons and you can come into the last wave with 30 AP stockpiles of your own.
  • EDL666
    Malcrof wrote:
    EDL666 wrote:

If the game has to be played in conjunction with the forums, I believe that's bad design. It should stand up on its own
    This is why I always bring somebody to Big Enchilada who can either stun or nuke the enemy team the instant they come out - with the way goons behave, giving up even a single turn can be death. Captain America with multiple shield throws ready to go, Luke Cage with at least four levels of JJC and a bunch of black AP (protip: MNMags+Mystique isn't an infinite turn machine anymore, but you can still use them to gain huge amounts of black and red AP), that sort of thing. Take your time against the goons and you can come into the last wave with 30 AP stockpiles of your own.

What if I don't have those? I know strategy is important but I still think that being spammed uber powerful powers the moment they become available is really dumb! You can't prepare for it, because you don't know it's coming...
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    EDL666 wrote:
    Malcrof wrote:
    EDL666 wrote:

If the game has to be played in conjunction with the forums, I believe that's bad design. It should stand up on its own

What if I don't have those? I know strategy is important but I still think that being spammed uber powerful powers the moment they become available is really dumb! You can't prepare for it, because you don't know it's coming...

The best thing to add to your strategy, other than collecting massive amounts of AP along the way, is to end round 3 with an ability or match 5+, so you get first attack on round 4. With a 94 team, you can down round 4 without them ever getting off a single move.
  • As with most goon nodes, OBW offers a relatively straightforward solution here. The Maggia Don's preferred abilities are Backroom Deal (yellow) > Cooking the Books (blue) > Trap (black). To force the Don to use up his black AP, you must ensure that he is unable to use either his yellow or blue abilities. So wait for a turn when the Don is low on both yellow and blue AP, then use OBW's Aggressive Recon to keep both colors depleted. The Don will happily spend his black AP on Traps if you do this correctly. If the stockpile of black AP is large enough, you may have to save up some extra purple AP to chain fire multiple Aggressive Recons.
  • EDL666
    I don't have OBW, I have one power for Mystique and I don't have MNMag... I'm not willing to sacrifice slot space just to get a character that I won't use in anything else... I guess I'll just hope it gets balanced(you have nice solutions, but my point remains: the game is broken if you need 3 specific characters to pass these particular instances)
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    EDL666 wrote:
    I don't have OBW, I have one power for Mystique and I don't have MNMag... I'm not willing to sacrifice slot space just to get a character that I won't use in anything else... I guess I'll just hope it gets balanced(you have nice solutions, but my point remains: the game is broken if you need 3 specific characters to pass these particular instances)
    I guess if you don't have OBW or MNMags... you aren't ready for the 3* transition... and that is what DDQ is designed for. Be happy with the ones you can get, as you're ahead of the curve if you were successful at all.

You will use OBW and MNMags for a long time, not just in DDQ. MNMags and Classic Storm and OBW are all very useful characters used by many people well into their transition.

The only DDQ specific character I have is Juggs. As a 3* transitioning player, DDQ has helped a lot, and my go to team is OBW, 2*Thor, and whoever you want for your 3rd spot (I use Falcon and he's under covered).
  • EDL666
    I had them, although, since I don't find them THAT useful, I favored them over rarer covers(ya know, because who knows when I'll get them back? I get one OBW or MNMag cover every other day... Anyway, as the rest of my previous comment clearly stated, it's still game breaking that you need specific heroes(as in 3 out of the whole available roster) to succeed when those specific instances come up(ya know, instead of ACTUAL strategic combinations)
  • Jasonzakibe
    Jasonzakibe Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Yeah, OBW is one of the best characters out there, unless you have a full roster of 3* max leveled characters. If you have that, you should just be able to nuke the black AP user down.