Wouldn't it be cool if Deadpool's Daily Quest...

pabasa130
pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
... gave away 4* covers at the end of the full cycle?

DDQ is currently in its second round of covers, and it has been godsend for many many people, myself included. I was thinking, what if at the end of the cycles, when all third covers have been given out, make it a one week of giving out first covers for the 4*s that some may have but are severely useless and just takes up roster space.

I'm quite confident it won't break the game. My 2/0/0 Elektra would still be useless, my 0/1/1 Prof X might be more useful, and my 3/0/0 Starlord would suddenly be very useful in goon nodes.

It will happen like once every 3-4 months, so it's not going to be easy giveaways. On another hand, players will be even more encouraged to keep their 4* even though they know it'll be a long and arduous journey, and and having four covers would likely encourage the purchase of the fifth. Win for everyone!

Comments

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,393 Chairperson of the Boards
    Or event make a new nod in the event where you get pieces of taco. lettece tomato, beans ect ect ect and then when you have enough parts you can trade it for a 4 star (like 30 parts = 4 star) meaning they are only giving 1 cover a way a month. then again they got so few 4 stars it will never fly. Maybe in 6 months when they got more it would work
  • one a month is not that quick would think every 2 weeks
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    one a month is not that quick would think every 2 weeks

The point of a 4 star is they are hard to get and level. Making it too easy would be no fun.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    Perhaps if it was a single cover after every FULL cycle. And by Full cycle, I mean 1 of every cover for each character, putting us a little past 1/3 the way through our 1st Full cycle.
  • Malcrof wrote:
    one a month is not that quick would think every 2 weeks

The point of a 4 star is they are hard to get and level. Making it too easy would be no fun.

Making it impossible is even less fun...
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    First, seemingly mean-spirited but actually honest, question:
    Would the 4* DDQ work like 3* DDQ? meaning will there be a node that requires you to have at least 1 cover for the 4* you are trying to win? And will that just be incredibly frustrating to players to see a day of DDQ where they are locked out of playing because they don't have a Professor X cover yet?

Background thoughts
    As the number of 4* characters in the system goes up (new 4* villain is already being teased) the likelihood of being able to get one covered 'quickly' is incredibly low. Even established 4* players trying to cover a new 4* are going to be waiting a while. With 7 characters in the current rotation, each 4* will be have 1 color every 2 1/3rd weeks as the 1k progression. A player who can consistently hit 1k in PVP is still waiting (worst case) 30-35 weeks to cover a 4* character (depending on build and rotation). That's just to contextualize... these guys are already very hard to come by - even for established players.

If you set the recurrence of a 4* DDQ at 2 weeks.. 8 characters * 3 colors * 2 weeks means you are still waiting almost a year (call it 11 months) to get all 8 to 1/1/1. That's nearly 5 years till you have one finished (the current crop of 8 would all finish within that 5th year if they don't add new ones). But here is where my opening question starts to matter; if you need to have the 1st to get any more then the countdown clock on getting to the year-5 marker never starts. Getting awarded a 4* cover every other week from DDQ doesn't actually do that much to affect the time it takes for an established player to cover the character... they were waiting 39 weeks... best case it could shave 6 weeks of that, but realistically it would probably be 3 weeks, or 0 just because of desired build, or when you enter the rotations.

If they add another 4* then everything stretches out. Now a 1K PVP player is waiting 34-40 weeks. The 4* after that and its 39-45 weeks. The 2 week DDQ plan stretches by 6 weeks with every 4*... and its stretches out for all of them. This "5-year plan" could become a "6-year plan" within the next 6 months.

4* characters are currently tagged as Legendary. I think their plan is to make them so hard to finish that this moniker becomes accurate.

(I know I counted the dinosaur, which you might think you will never get because he isn't in the prizes ever. But your daily resupply drops for days 365-367 are dinosaurs, now you are forced to decide - sell him or be angry he's not in the 4* rotation for DDQ, making him a 1/1/1 blob of useless. So he's in my calculation because everyone has the option of having him eventually - wouldn't it be nice if he could also be covered someday? If not take him out of the daily drops, because new players have no chance at finishing him except to wait for their 1-year and apply $$.)
  • spawn2012
    spawn2012 Posts: 44
    How about
    50% chance of ... secret death taco round at the end ddq. After completing ddq there would appear another battle. When you clicke it you got 50% chance of battle adn 50% of - lets say some ISO oraz bagamn to be really awfull;]
    If you got lucky, you get to play for 4*.

As for the batlle - secret death taco round:P - you could have waves but with less NPC, which makes it harder
    OR maybe boss fight ie. you would have to defeat the 4* that you could get, but he would be buffed with ISO-8 ofcourse at maxed level.

Then 4* would still be hard to get, but possible.
  • FaustianDeal
    What about just adding 4* covers into the taco odds?

They could drop the odds on the 2*s... who needs any more of those...
  • FaustianDeal
    What about just adding 4* covers into the taco odds?
    What if the rotated the 4* and had a different 1 in each batch of Tacos? Then we might have reason to try to crack open our taco tokens to chase, say, Kingpin even if the 5 3*s on offer that round aren't appealing.