New Feature: Cover Buy-back option?

Options
I'm not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but I sent in a ticket a while ago because I requested a refund for the 3750 HP I spent on Ragnarok Red two days before they nerfed it. I finally received a response today, and it's similar to BigMao's but it has updated information:
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our title. As I am sure you can imagine, this was an issue that created a number of responses, both positive and negative. While we feel that this change was a good move for the MPQ community as a whole, we understand why people may have been frustrated (both by the actual change and the way the change was handled).

With this in mind, we have tried to take steps to ensure players will not be caught completely unaware when such changes are planned in the future. We have started posting updates, both in-game and on the community forums, listing our planned character changes. In fact, you may have noticed a message that states both Thor and Wolverine are next in line for adjustments. Our hope is that this will give players more of a heads-up to changes that are in the works.

In addition, we plan to provide more insight into why these changes were made. We recently posted a character update for Invisible Woman on the forums that not only listed what changes were made, but WHY those changes were made. We want there to be more transparency into our updates.

Finally, we are looking into special buy-back feature that will allow users to sell that character at a greatly increased rate for a short period of time if the player determines that the changes have created a character that no longer fits the players ideal play style.

We thank you for your patience while we work to improve this game. Please be sure to keep a lookout on the forums for more updates on our plans.

Thanks,

D3Publisher Support Team

It's good to hear that they're trying to develop a solution for their balance changes, but am really curious how this will pan out. Guess we'll see with the upcoming Thor and Wolvie nerfs?

Comments

• Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When did you send your ticket in, anyway? It's been almost a month since the nerf
  • Does this mean that someone will be able to sell a character for HP?

If this is the case then I think this is the worst solution they could come up with. Worst for the players I mean because HP in the game is less important than some covers. Especially if we are talking about rare 4* covers since if you don't have even 1 of them you can't use HP to level the ability. You are back to trying to win the cover by placing top 1-2 or trying your luck with tokens. Also, if the HP you get is not at least close to 90% of 13*X where X is 125/500/1250/2500 then you lose HP in the process.

I think an additional feature that allows you to remove a cover (even if it doesn't give you anything and you lose the ISO from the levels the hero loses) would feel more natural in the game than a special sale with limited duration. Really, it looks like they go out of their way to implement a more complex system in an effort to force players to pay even more for something that isn't even their fault. If this ends up being what I suspect, this is very disappointing.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    I don't think it's implied in the e-mail that it's instead of a re-spec system. (Who really knows, though.)

What seems to be implied is that if you've invested some really high amount of ISO/HP/covers into a character and then that character is changed due to nerfs/buffs/whatever, then there would be some temporary period in which you could recoup a bunch of that ISO/HP/whatever for the character.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If you're upset that you spent X HP on Rag, offering you a respec isn't really going to cut it when you think about it.

And for those who throw a fit because a character is now 'useless', a straight HP conversion seems a logical solution to the uselessness argument.

For those who want to adjust the character, respecs should still be in the pipeline.
  • sure, could see this being unbalanced on the other end, if they offer me enough HP, nerfed 2* wolvie serves no purpose with 3* and 4* sitting there.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Except nerfed wolvie is an avenger and a 2* and the others aren't. Important considerations for tournaments.

Although if they offer good money, I have a 5/5/3 and another that is 3/3/3 now that I know better. One of them at least would get traded in.
  • Knock3r wrote:
    I'm not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but I sent in a ticket a while ago because I requested a refund for the 3750 HP I spent on Ragnarok Red two days before they nerfed it. I finally received a response today, and it's similar to BigMao's but it has updated information:
    Hello,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our title. As I am sure you can imagine, this was an issue that created a number of responses, both positive and negative. While we feel that this change was a good move for the MPQ community as a whole, we understand why people may have been frustrated (both by the actual change and the way the change was handled).

With this in mind, we have tried to take steps to ensure players will not be caught completely unaware when such changes are planned in the future. We have started posting updates, both in-game and on the community forums, listing our planned character changes. In fact, you may have noticed a message that states both Thor and Wolverine are next in line for adjustments. Our hope is that this will give players more of a heads-up to changes that are in the works.

In addition, we plan to provide more insight into why these changes were made. We recently posted a character update for Invisible Woman on the forums that not only listed what changes were made, but WHY those changes were made. We want there to be more transparency into our updates.

Finally, we are looking into special buy-back feature that will allow users to sell that character at a greatly increased rate for a short period of time if the player determines that the changes have created a character that no longer fits the players ideal play style.

We thank you for your patience while we work to improve this game. Please be sure to keep a lookout on the forums for more updates on our plans.

Thanks,

D3Publisher Support Team

It's good to hear that they're trying to develop a solution for their balance changes, but am really curious how this will pan out. Guess we'll see with the upcoming Thor and Wolvie nerfs?

So they are doing nothing for you? That's pretty insulting especially after they've given HP back to others who have complained about a similar issue. See this thread:
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=605&p=5409&hilit=customer+service#p5409