Super Skrull. Spec him/her out. GO!

Options
ronin_san
ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
edited March 2015 in Speculation and Concepts
I was hoping Super Skrull would be the shapeshifter. So tell me how you'd build it?

If it's strictly a FF ability moocher, then I say:

Annihilation_Super-Skrull_Vol_1_3.jpg

3 star.png 8500 HPs.

Rock-skinned punch. Active/passive. 10 AP. Super Skrull is resistant to damage, and generates a protect tile every time they use an ability. The punch does 4100 dmg and generates a 300HP protect.png tile.

Scorched entanglement 8 AP. Super Skrull entangles the enemy and does fire damage attack.png per turn stunned. Generates a attack.png tile. Stun enemies for up to 3 turns, equal to the number of attack.png on the map.

Secret Reconnaissance 9 AP. Super Skrull was right next to you, thwarting your plans. You never knew it! Generate an invisibility tile which prevents Super Skrull from taking damage. While invisible, Super Skrull takes one of your AP whenever you match redflag.pngyellowflag.pnggreenflag.png AP. Lasts 8 turns.

Comments

• ronin_san
    Options
    To add: I am on the ropes as to whether they deserve 10200 or 8500 HPs.
  • Loving this idea of yours. If only Marvel hadn't put the hold on the Fantastic Four we might have actually gotten Mr. Fantastic, the Thing, and Super Skrull in game. Again love the character design. Only one suggestion: black, purple, green to match the colors of his character and costume.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Super-Skrull would be to be a 4*. He can take any member of the FF on his own and they usually barely beat him.
  • ronin_san
    Options
    Super-Skrull would be to be a 4*. He can take any member of the FF on his own and they usually barely beat him.

OK. So 4600 dmg and 14k HP, and the protect tile is now 400HP. The ability costs all go down by 1.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This should probably be in the "What Marvel character are you hoping for? (post movesets)" topic in the "Character Discussion" forum, but as it's gone this long I'll leave it here unless OP requests a move.
  • ronin_san
    edited March 2015
    Options
    The problem I have with that thread is that you can't easily paginate when x character was supposed and put up for discussion.

And it is also hard to follow that one character's conversation unless you [quote[ a [quote[ of a [quote[ tree into oblivion.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think it could be fun to separately debate hypothetical builds for characters beyond the "post movesets" thread.. because it is hard to separately debate more than 1 character at a time. (Admittedly the need for multiple threads comes and goes as new player with ideas arrive.. but that would be a case for merging 3 separate Bishop threads.. not mooshing Bishop together with a; Super-Skrull, Gambit, and Kamala Khan thread into one unmanageable heap...)

Maybe 'general discussion' isn't the right umbrella though? Maybe 'suggestions'? (assuming we want to keep the 'characters' branch reserved for debates around launched characters?)
  • SuperSkrull
    SuperSkrull Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This topic is 100% Kl'rt approved!

Love the build, SS clearly is 4* tier though IMHO
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options
    We the Skrull Empire approve, and agree with others it has to be 4*
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I like the yellow and green but the red is too convoluted and AoE stun for up to 3 turns is massively OP even with the conditions. I propose:

Shocking Reveal 10 blueflag.png
    After manipulating the circumstances in his favour from the inside, Super-Skrull reveals his true identity, stunning the enemies for 1 turn. Super-Skrull takes advantage of the confusion to strike with all his might, placing a critical tile on a basic tile of your choice.
    Level 2: Also heals (true) 25% of his maximum hp.
    Level 3: Creates 2 critical tiles.
    Level 4: Heals 40%. Can place critical tiles on top of any type of tile.
    Level 5: Stuns for 2 turns. Creates 3 critical tiles.
  • ronin_san
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:
    I like the yellow and green but the red is too convoluted and AoE stun for up to 3 turns is massively OP even with the conditions. I propose:

Shocking Reveal 10 blueflag.png
    After manipulating the circumstances in his favour from the inside, Super-Skrull reveals his true identity, stunning the enemies for 1 turn. Super-Skrull takes advantage of the confusion to strike with all his might, placing a critical tile on a basic tile of your choice.
    Level 2: Also heals (true) 25% of his maximum hp.
    Level 3: Creates 2 critical tiles.
    Level 4: Heals 40%. Can place critical tiles on top of any type of tile.
    Level 5: Stuns for 2 turns. Creates 3 critical tiles.

I was loose on the wording but meant one enemy was stunned. I like the wording in your ability more. True heal in this or not?