Jesus Christ these servers. (losing points while shielded).

Options
Arondite
Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
I have been shielded for 7 minutes - 7 god damn minutes - and got a notification that I was attacked for -33 points.

Is this a joke? This isn't the first time it's happened, of course, but 7 minutes is definitely the most severe occurrence.

While making a push for 1K points, losing points you're not supposed to use is a pretty severe pain in the ****.

Comments

• Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I dropped in for a 3 minute match this morning, won, got my progression prize, shielded, and a few minutes later was notified of a 30 point loss. Pretty damn annoying. I lost a fight during the two seconds it took to accept the prize and shield?

I was annoyed, but this is not on the list of things D3 will compensate. "Server lag"
  • Virus_Type_V
    Virus_Type_V Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Arondite wrote:
    I have been shielded for 7 minutes - 7 god damn minutes - and got a notification that I was attacked for -33 points.

Is this a joke? This isn't the first time it's happened, of course, but 7 minutes is definitely the most severe occurrence.

While making a push for 1K points, losing points you're not supposed to use is a pretty severe pain in the ****.

maybe your attacker started the match before you activated your shield and it took over 7 mins to finish the match... thats what I would assume...
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    maybe your attacker started the match before you activated your shield and it took over 7 mins to finish the match... thats what I would assume...
    That's not how it's supposed to work. It's hits that occurred before you shielded, not battles from before. As far as I know. If it worked with battles begun, that would be absolute dog balls.
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Arondite wrote:

As the system is supposed to work, the situation you described still wouldn't cost me any points.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've heard, but I can't confirm, that loading the Leaderboards forces a sync between your device and the game server, thus updating your shield status as soon as possible.