Have an off season Event called the Enspecial Olympics

whitecat31
whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
Powered up Characters would be the less than perfect characters of MPQ.
One Star
Yelena Belova Flavor Text What is better than winning the Special Olympics? Not being a contestant. Ignore the medal around my neck.
Two Star
Magnerfo Flavor Text I was once a proud companion of Storm but after I hooked up with Mistaque she did something during shape changing and it fell off.
Bag Man Flavor Text Me and Sue Richards are made for each other.
Moonstone Flavor Text What am I doing here, I thought I was decent. Oh you mean everybody generates tiles now?
Three star
Ragnarok Flavor text I am the only guy who gets a new power and gets worse and that was after my first nerfing.
Beast Flavor Text But I like putting Blue tiles on the side or in the corner.. It makes it harder to kill.
Doctor Octopus Flavor Text. I can't wait to take over Peter Parker's body and get out of here. Ah **** why am I wearing a Bag on my head.
Sentry Flavor Text. I like Paste. It's yummy. I ate so much it slowed me down.
Squirrel Girl. Flavor Text. One day everybody will wake up and realize I am just a bad dream.
Mistaque Flavor Text. I was slumming it up with a Two Star and I got some disease called Nerfmydia.
Four Star
Invisible Bag Lady Flavor Text. Why does a guy in a wheel chair have an INVISIBILITY power that is cheaper and more powerful? I am so ashamed I need a bag over my head.

Comments

• FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    What if we called the event: Paper or Plastic?
  • veneretio
    veneretio Posts: 76 Match Maker
    An event catered to powering up underutilized heroes certainly could happen. Never by that name though. That would be a PR nightmare. I don't think your humour is shared by the majority of the world these days.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    veneretio wrote:
    An event catered to powering up underutilized heroes certainly could happen. Never by that name though. That would be a PR nightmare. I don't think your humour is shared by the majority of the world these days.

Yes. As an alternative, how about "Off-Brand Olympics"? As in, these are the cheap knockoff versions of the real superheroes that you find in the check-out aisle at the supermarket....
  • DaveR4470 wrote:
    veneretio wrote:

Yes. As an alternative, how about "Off-Brand Olympics"? As in, these are the cheap knockoff versions of the real superheroes that you find in the check-out aisle at the supermarket....
    or Where my buffs? tournament
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Love the idea, but needs a different name. They'd get hammered for political correctness. Scrub Invitational? Or this:
    What if we called the event: Paper or Plastic?
  • I have to agree that the carp migration event occurs way too often lately, and its only really worth it during slow rounds.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    I have to agree that the carp migration event occurs way too often lately, and its only really worth it during slow rounds.

The words "Carp Migration event"

I assume this has something to do with fish?
    Is carp a form of insult or compliment in someway?