The Plight of a Casual/Competitive Alliance - A Letter to D3

2»

Comments

• Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    It is extremely difficult, if possible at all, for a single alliance to ever get good new 4*s, so these especially will continue to rip alliances apart.

Whilst I don't disagree with your post in general, this is not actually true.

Our Alliance consistently finishes top 5/10 in PvE (3 x 3rd place finishes last season - others top 10) & top 50 PvP (35th for whole season). We don't swap members & we don't use mercs.

There is a second alliance, but used as a recruiting pool or if someone from the main alliance feels that they need a break for a while.

Of course, we are all stark raving mad!
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    san-mpq wrote:
    I just want to add a couple of things in here. As a member of a "ma and pa" alliance (Team Ka-Zar) I do understand the plight that such alliances go through. We don't have the members to swap out if we are hitting near the bottom, meaning that if we lose, we lose. That said, we haven't lost a member to this yet - not even our 1K+ scorers. Why? I'm not sure. I hypothesize that it's the culture we have in our alliance, the attitude of going down with the ship, and teamwork being first. We are in this for fun - we like to win, but fun comes first.

I don't know how alliances are formed nowadays, or how the alliance you formed was initially made. I also can't speculate on what sort of players took part in that alliance. However, what I do know from experience is that team morale is one of the most important things you have, and the best tool to keep folks sticking around. Have a good team attitude and high morale, and even when you lose those two Thors (we did by ~150 points on one of them, I believe!), you can weather the storm and move on.

In terms of how our guys formed - the leaders (all more or less 1K scorers) groomed basically every single one of us from a beginning transition player (I had 1 3* at level 110!) to a 3* roster. As a result, basically every one of us has stuck around and stayed loyal to the alliance. I'm with Ka-Zar to the end of MPQ.

icon_e_smile.gif

It all depends, its been about a year now and while we still have some core members, we have had some great seasons and some poor ones. I'm surprised you haven't been affected by burnout all this time, even core members are susceptible then need to be replaced with new ones who may not have the same level of dedication. Well done keeping your players though, I have lost many 1k players to big alliances. I don't blame them when things become unstable, and I certainly don't want to hold them back.