Fix your competitor pairing

It is very annoying when someone like me, who has played a little over half a year, is playing someone who has everything maxed out and played for a year plus. Its no competition at all n pvp when u r playing against someone playing with maxed out 4*s and u barely have 3*s maxed. How about u level the playing field for the rest of us trying to fight for covers and give us opponents around our days played or covers maxed. You do it for the beginner players so y not give the intermediate players the same courtesy? You will never c Florida State University vs Chicago Bears so let's just separate us wanting to go pro from the pros. Just a suggestion

Comments

• Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    Then what would be the point of playing / paying for an advantage? For there to be any point in being in the top tier of the metagme, you have to be able to use that advantage against someone who isn't.
  • So instead of fighting a worthy opponent u would rather bully an unworthy one? Disappointing.
  • Arondite
    Keepemwet wrote:
    So instead of fighting a worthy opponent u would rather bully an unworthy one? Disappointing.

No, a mix of both.

I'd rather step on little guys while in climbing, then duke it out with a worthy opponent for the crown.
  • Well that's what everyone wants but if I'm pulling maxed xforces b4 I hit 500pts then how am I getting to the top? Although that's a good answer for pvp, what about pve? U can't just throw guys with 2*s n with guys with multiple 4*s and expect it to b equal playing ground.
  • Keepemwet wrote:
    Well that's what everyone wants but if I'm pulling maxed xforces b4 I hit 500pts then how am I getting to the top? Although that's a good answer for pvp, what about pve? U can't just throw guys with 2*s n with guys with multiple 4*s and expect it to b equal playing ground.
    It might be a news to you but 4* guys usually have tougher times in pve than 2*
  • Arondite
    Keepemwet wrote:
    Well that's what everyone wants but if I'm pulling maxed xforces b4 I hit 500pts then how am I getting to the top? Although that's a good answer for pvp, what about pve? U can't just throw guys with 2*s n with guys with multiple 4*s and expect it to b equal playing ground.

If you use 4 Stars through an entire PvE, you'll have a much more difficult time than someone using 2 Stars the entire time.
  • Zen808
    Zen808 Posts: 260
    In support of OP:

It's not fun to get creamed. Getting creamed too often can lead to new players quitting prematurely. Premature quitting is not good for the overall health of the game.

Also, now that they are moving into 4* territory, it is more feasible than before for the devs to offer a choice of Reward Tiers, to hopefully wick some of the veterans away and allow the younger guys to flourish.

However:

I take objection to the whole college team vs pro team analogy whenever it gets tossed around. College and pros have completely different rules for team acquisition. You're not a college team getting taken advantage of by pros; you're the Milwaukee Bucks, getting stomped by LeBron and Co.
  • So why is the case that 4 star players have a harder time?
  • Gagutz
    Gagutz Posts: 104
    So the more characters you level, the harder the game gets for both PVP and PVE??

Does selling off characters have any effect on your scaling afterwards?
  • It's quite odd that the devs are punishing people for getting better covers and investing in the game. People who have low level characters get to the top tier prizes easier without spending anything.

[B)
    "why would you pay real money if there is no advantage"
  • cletus1985
    cletus1985 Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Gagutz wrote:
    So the more characters you level, the harder the game gets for both PVP and PVE??

Does selling off characters have any effect on your scaling afterwards?

Only in PvE, everything in PvE scales based on a number of factors such as damage you take, community scaling, etc..., the exact formula isn't revealed completely. The higher level characters you use the higher your opponents are going to scale, which means using maxed 4*'s is going to result in lvl 395 opponents. Selling off characters would only indirectly effect scaling, because if you're not using a higher level character and getting beat constantly your scaling will go down.
    dzone23 wrote:
    It's quite odd that the devs are punishing people for getting better covers and investing in the game. People who have low level characters get to the top tier prizes easier without spending anything.

[B)
    "why would you pay real money if there is no advantage"

Those low level guys are usually put into a "rookie" bracket to start. Keep winning in that rookie bracket and your MMR goes up and eventually you'll get thrown to the wolves in the vet bracket. In PvP it's absolutely about having the top tier characters maxed to get top awards (along with other things you can learn by reading through the forums).