Watch list of characters being changed

I believe you guys should add a watch list of sorts...similar to the FBIs most wanted...if you have a list of characters you are working on redoing...it should be on this list. This will put everyone on notice that these characters will be experiencing a change. That way people will be well informed prior to purchase of said covers. It just makes the impact a lot easier to swallow if there is this level of transparency. I just feel the risk of customer dissatisfaction far outweighs the benefits whatever that may be.

Also this watch list could be added in game so everyone knows, not just people on this forum.

Comments

• jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    They tried this already. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2079&p=28949

IMO, it didn't help much. It just kept everyone in a constant state of suspense. "When is the nerf coming?" "Should I go ahead and level these characters?"

Unless they have a faster turnaround for character changes, I don't see it making much of a difference.
  • Nice didn't know that but I still think it has value. To improve upon it add in an estimate quarter for implementation like:

IW est. 2nd quarter 2015

This again gives people notice on these characters so they can make an educated decision how to spend their time and money. If the changes are estimated to be 4-6 months from implementation, if the player decides that spending $100 is worth the benefits for at least 3 months of use then at least it was an informed decision instead of one out of left field.
  • esoxnepa
    esoxnepa Posts: 291
    jojeda654 wrote:
    They tried this already. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2079&p=28949

IMO, it didn't help much. It just kept everyone in a constant state of suspense. "When is the nerf coming?" "Should I go ahead and level these characters?"

Unless they have a faster turnaround for character changes, I don't see it making much of a difference.

It didn't work, because they didn't keep it updated and continue to address it.

Because the game balance is constantly changing, a watch list needs to have a time-frame for each character on it, or on the list as a whole.

A character, placed on the watch list, should have a time-frame for which they plan to watch the character and gather data on it. At the end of the time-frame, a decision should be posted on if the character needs adjustment. It should also have an expected time for when the character will be addressed.

The change to 2* Magneto was probably enough to break/reduce the infinite combo.

Mystique's nerf probably has more to do with Prof X than the combo. At only 5950 health she should be as annoying as Loki. Prof X's Master Plan at Level 5, becomes an issue with Mystique's Blue and it's ability to make multiple match 5s. This is part of the reason I think Mystique's Blue should be lower cost for fewer tiles. ( I think Infiltration is the only Blue Tile converter? ) So Mystique and Prof X sharing blue as their strongest color, and Mystique having blue as the tile conversion power, is an issue with Master Plan.

So the problem is not with Mystique, but with a Blue tile generator with Prof X.