Iron Fist Buyback - Policy Update For New Characters

Options
13»

Comments

• This full refund **** is bogus. At the end of the day, all they have to do is wait 31 days from the initial release and u will get half of what u purchased back or worse. Nice policy...
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    slidecage wrote:
    so iron fist is the only one they are buying back.
    love to sell my mystic and magneto
    wondering what i get out of a level 70 max mag. level 60 7 cover mystic and a 4 cover iron (all covers earned)
    probally nothing

Mystique will sell for 4500 iso and 250HP

When Hawkeye was buffed, his boosted sale price (level 94) was 34765iso and 550HP
    Level 78 Daken was 22685 and 450HP

So your Mags will sell for something in the 400-450HP range, and around 20k iso, give or take.
  • TBF that is excellent customer service. New to the forums, but it seems like demiurge are doing a good job on balancing and trying to be fair to their player base.
  • Welshy wrote:
    TBF that is excellent customer service. New to the forums, but it seems like demiurge are doing a good job on balancing and trying to be fair to their player base.

Live and learn...
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    Welshy wrote:
    TBF that is excellent customer service. New to the forums, but it seems like demiurge are doing a good job on balancing and trying to be fair to their player base.

Live and learn...

Indeed; ignorance is bliss...
  • stevenbrule
    stevenbrule Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options
    What time will this kick in? I looked at selling my MMags this morning, but it didn't seem to be a different buyback yet.
  • Chief270
    Chief270 Posts: 137
    Options
    Grinded for 5 days in PVE to place top 5 and get 3 covers initially plus alliance cover(0 HP spent for this). Hopped in PVP to secure a T10 for 2 covers plus alliance(1000+ hp, don't remember exactly, but it was a lot cause everyone was after him and I had to hop constantly). Hopped to 900 in the IF PVP to get that cover(300hp, give or take 75hp)

Bought 5 covers for him, so sounds like I would get back 6250 if I did it(plus the iso), and netting a loss of around 1200-1400 hp, plus time spent.

Personally, I used him constantly and didn't think he was that OP'd anyway. Mags was just as good and much faster. At first, I thought IF would slow people down from attacking me, but after 2-3 events it didn't seem to matter that much. People probably figured out a way to just deal with him accordingly. But I don't think the nerf is that big of a deal.

Yes, its a nerf. So people should get compensated. Is this enough for a new character? I don't know. It isn't enough for me to sell him off knowing I'm going to just rebuild him right back to where he is sitting, but might take several months to do so naturally. Especially considering that HP and time spent to earn the initial covers is considered unimportant and null in value.
  • What time will this kick in? I looked at selling my MMags this morning, but it didn't seem to be a different buyback yet.

The change hasn't gone live either. It'll happen some time today. New policy still only affects Iron Fist as far as I'm aware tho.
  • emaker27
    emaker27 Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    LoreNYC wrote:
    Fix some of these tinykitty characters that were released with 0 play-testing.

I see the play testing concern come up often. Employees must play test because at a minimum level they want to stay employed. The only way to do that is try to make sure the game is fun. They just may not do it to the desired level of the hardcore users here. And with the growing amount of combinations, that gets more and more difficult.

When I worked for one of the most hated companies, EA, a specific game actually flew in a hardcore player to gain his insight, thoughts, and feedback on the current state of the game during development. While I wouldn't expect that from a developer of this size, there does seem to be a missed opportunity here. They could strip new characters down to just stats and a blank image (to protect the new character's identity), and create a way for select users to play test during alpha and beta. This would involve the community (win) and give the company a different user perspective (win).
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Character Push just went live for me on Steam. Don't see updated sales prices for the characters though, aside from Rags whom was already there.
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Options
    Why no Thor refund?
  • Unknown
    Unknown ADMINISTRATORS
    Options
    Bumping this thread. There was a miscommunication and the increased sell prices for updated characters Thor (Goddess of Thunder), Magneto (Marvel NOW), Mystique (Raven Darkholme), and Iron Fist (Immortal Weapon) did not make it in game yesterday with the updates to their powers. These increased sell prices should be coming in an update today. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Updated the original post.

~Miles
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Looks like increased buybacks are online now no Daredevil included as i suggested icon_e_sad.gif
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    Sell them off now. And see them as buffed pvp characters next week. icon_twisted.gif
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Options
    Bumping this thread. There was a miscommunication and the increased sell prices for updated characters Thor (Goddess of Thunder), Magneto (Marvel NOW), Mystique (Raven Darkholme), and Iron Fist (Immortal Weapon) did not make it in game yesterday with the updates to their powers. These increased sell prices should be coming in an update today. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Updated the original post.

~Miles

Ooh boy, after buying 8 covers, my 12/13 level 250 4Thor can be sold for 2250 HP. Less than the cost of one 4* cover. THANKS D3!!!

Honestly, it doesn't matter that much because I don't want a refund. I want you to make her not ****.

Nerf? needed. Overnerf? Well, look at the forums right now.

Try listening to the players next time.
  • Unknown
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Edit: I removed my frustrated rant.

My refund issue has been looked into. It looks like CS is going to take care of it when they have a chance. Thanks for the help here on the forum.
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    Options
    Zoot wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]Hello everyone,

Using Iron Fist as an example; after the changes to Iron Fist go into effect (planned for 3/23/15), play with the character for a bit and try out the updates. If you are still dissatisfied, submit a ticket to Customer Support in-game (gear icon/Help/Contact Us) or here and be prepared to sell off the character. CS will provide you with a full Hero Point and Iso refund for any covers that were purchased directly or gained through Comic Packs and used to level the character.

Hey All,

Miles from Demiurge here. Due to a miscommunication, the increased sell prices for updated characters Thor (Goddess of Thunder), Magneto (Marvel NOW), Mystique (Raven Darkholme), and Iron Fist (Immortal Weapon) did not make it in game yesterday with the updates to their powers. These increased sell prices should be coming in an update today (3/24/15). Sorry for the inconvenience!

~Miles

There is a problem here. I took your "be prepared to sell off character" to heart.

On Friday, I sold a 2/0/2 Iron Fist level 63 for 300 hp, contacted customer support, they told me that indeed iron fist has a full refund value, yet they can't find where I had one. 300hp instead of 4 covers at 1250hp each does not compute at all.

Perhaps I did it in the wrong order, not that you made it exceptionally clear. Even if I did it in the wrong order, there should be a record of it right? So that maybe someone could help me out? I gave them all my contact info, the original contact to them was through the help gear that you have so fondly mentioned containing all information and solutions pertaining to the game.

I needed that hp to finish off my x-force, knowing that you will probably cripple him next.

So Dave or Miles, why didn't you as honest businessmen make a click-able easy to follow instruction set, for refund, on nerfed characters? Maybe I'm mentally impaired or something even so, selling off a fully refundable character, and contacting customer support directly after, should I not still be entitled to the full refund promised?

I'm sorry if I'm stupid or did something wrong, perhaps playing this game in the first place, spending real money on it in the second place, or perhaps not phrasing my questions to cs in the correct order.

I know it's too much to ask for my iron fist back, so can I at least get 1250hp for 1 or 2 of the 4 covers? 2 or 3 of the covers were from "comic packs" 1 was earned, maybe 2, yet not all 4.
    Maybe make a ticket for the issue or pm one of the red guys.
  • Thanks I made a ticket on Friday, that's why I'm posting here. I will try a pm to red though.

Edit: David has looked into it. He's not customer support and he certainly wouldn't have had to. So I certainly appreciate his help.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bumping this to complain and let you guys that customer service is NOT honoring the buyback if you have multiple copies of IF, unless you sell ALL of them. This is complete nonsense. I bought purple covers... you guys promised reimbursement if I sold them back, which I did... but since I want to keep one, you've decided that I must not be dissatisfied enough to qualify for the buyback.

The point is, I'm dissatisfied with the unnecessary purchase, not the character as a whole. I don't see how this is controversial. I bought covers, you promised refund, I sold covers. Is this really the kind of issue you guys want to go to the mat for?