Overheating

Options
azmadu
azmadu Posts: 63 Match Maker
I've noticed over the past few weeks that my phone has been getting progressively hotter and hotter more than has been the case when I first started playing MPQ. I'm using a Sony Xperia Z (6603) and I now take the temperature before I start playing and after and this is what I see using CPU-Z:

Temp before: 22.5 degrees
Temp after: 39.8 degrees (hottest I've seen, but average is 31 degrees) icon_eek.gif

The temperature after playing is now only after having played 1 or 2 rounds at Anderson Inc (Maggia Mafia) and certainly no more than 4 as I physically have to put the phone down and close the game as it is too hot to hold. I have to switch the game off and leave it for 5 - 10 minutes to allow it to cool down, but it gets so hot so quickly that I'm sure that this constant heat cycling will ultimately damage my phone if I continue to play. icon_cry.gif

As the phone gets hotter and hotter, the side effect is that the game begins to slow down and the animation is not smooth and fluid as I first started playing.

Does anyone else have a similar temperature rise and is this normal (can't see how)?

Comments

• HAve you tried cleaning the inside of your phone via an air blower (might be some dust being part of the problem)
  • azmadu
    azmadu Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Options
    Delrusant wrote:
    HAve you tried cleaning the inside of your phone via an air blower (might be some dust being part of the problem)

Haha, that's funny, no seriously it is icon_e_smile.gif

Xperia Z was sold as a top of the range smartphone that is both dust and water proof and I know I've not been near any dust to test that out, but I have tested out the water proof part successfully. icon_e_biggrin.gif

In any case thanks for your suggestion, but I may have solved my heating problem by switching off my bluetooth and not using my NFC speaker, even though it sounds really good when it's on. icon_e_sad.gif
  • mischiefmaker
    Options
    I don't get it all the time, but I've noticed significant heat (enough to use as a handwarmer on a cold day) on both a Galaxy S4 and a Nexus 5.
  • I have new phone for like 2 weeks and i have this overheating problem with MPQ.

Bluetooth switched off, dunno what else i can do to solve it.

Samsung Galaxy S4.
  • Emeryt wrote:
    I have new phone for like 2 weeks and i have this overheating problem with MPQ.

Samsung Galaxy S4.

My nephews been playing on his dad's S4 and it doesn't seem to heat up. It's the Snapdragon version. He plays it with bluetooth and mobile data turned off. It's running on 4.2.2. Maybe it's with the phone? or too many apps running in the background. It does get warm over time, however, when the mobile hotspot is enabled. Maybe that's it?
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:

Samsung Galaxy S4.

what do you mean with overheating issue? Does the phone just get warm or do you have any other negative effects?

I have a S4 too and it does get warm as well...Reason I'm asking is because it just broke down for the second time in 3 weeks: died 3 weeks ago (blank screen constantly), had it repaired...got it back yesterday and now it's dead again (same issue). I hope it's not connected to MPQ
  • Emeryt wrote:

Samsung Galaxy S4.

Due to the ubiquity of wireless-g and neighbors not sticking to channel 1, 6, or 11 there's a lot of interference. My phone would frequently get hot. We added a wireless access point operating at 5ghz (wireless-ac). My phone doesn't get as hot.
  • Kikujiro
    Kikujiro Posts: 157
    Options
    HTC One here.

Overheating since last update, R50. It´s very noticeable because of aluminium case.