4* Required character is lame

Options
I understood releasing a new character and having iron fist be a required character before many had a chance unless they were a top 150 performer or gambled, cause hey... top 150 isn't *that* hard.

Any 4* Required character would suck, even if not all the required character nodes are the 4*. If it were 4* Xforce... many have had the opportunity to get at least one char and could participate.

Xavier though? Really? I get he's the new shiny, but only top 50 in the last tourney got one. Very little opportunity elsewhere was available to get one.

No I'm not quitting because of this. I love the game and defend most your actions.

But this tinykitty sucks.

Comments

• lame
    Pron:lām
    adjective
    (of a person or animal) unable to walk normally because of an injury or illness affecting the leg or foot.

Close enough. I mean, he is in a wheelchair.... icon_e_wink.gif
  • He is one of three essential nodes. It could be much worst. You are also overlooking that only about 5% of the player base has him. Therefore, if you are in the same position as 95% of players, you are not at that much of a disadvantage.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,109 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    what make it worse is only top 10 get coins. Meaning you need him to get the coins. no X no coins at all this event.

At least it s not like eltraka or whatever her name is. where her nod gave more points then all the other nodes combine
  • With so few people having him, it's not like your ability to score well is crippled. You'll still be able to score around the same if you roll up on full clears roughly optimally. Wheel see what happens at the end of course, as his essentials shouldn't ramp up in difficulty as much, and easy points will be much more accessible. Just be prepared to grind hard at the end and have some solid TUs handy. Cap is good for that.
  • j12601 wrote:
    With so few people having him, it's not like your ability to score well is crippled. You'll still be able to score around the same if you roll up on full clears roughly optimally. Wheel see what happens at the end of course, as his essentials shouldn't ramp up in difficulty as much, and easy points will be much more accessible. Just be prepared to grind hard at the end and have some solid TUs handy. Cap is good for that.
    "Wheel see"? Was that an intended pun? icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    edited March 2015
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    With so few people having him, it's not like your ability to score well is crippled. You'll still be able to score around the same if you roll up on full clears roughly optimally. Wheel see what happens at the end of course, as his essentials shouldn't ramp up in difficulty as much, and easy points will be much more accessible. Just be prepared to grind hard at the end and have some solid TUs handy. Cap is good for that.

I like your name for x, hot wheels.

Too bad you couldn't fit any handicap references in your post.
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    j12601 wrote:

icon_e_wink.gif
  • gambl0r312 wrote:
    j12601 wrote:

icon_e_wink.gif

You missed a few (italics mine)
  • He is one of three essential nodes. It could be much worst. You are also overlooking that only about 5% of the player base has him. Therefore, if you are in the same position as 95% of players, you are not at that much of a disadvantage.

It's true that because it's only one out I three essential nodes and only 5% of the population has him, that it is still possible to do quite well in the PvE, as in a top-150 placement. However, there is an average of at least 50 people per bracket that do have Xavier, and they all have a distinct advantage on making top-50 again because of it, the new Ragnarok cover is top-20 though, which means it is even less likely that a non-Xavier owner can expect to do well enough to get one.

While it is not a great ability, they wedged it in between Rags' red and green abilities, making it somewhat important for his continued use, unless you want to just use him as a third for post-nerf MagStorm'n
  • Trisul
    Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
    Options
  • j12601 wrote:

This post is making up for this lol.... handy. Caps.... She-Hulk is gonna sue you for this
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fyi - word is x is needed for 2 essentials in the second sub. so the separation will grow some.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's lame, but when you consider how this heroic is for one of the worst characters in the game and is probably the most skippable event we've ever seen, it gets less lame.
  • Nymr83
    Nymr83 Posts: 74
    Options
    It's lame, but when you consider how this heroic is for one of the worst characters in the game and is probably the most skippable event we've ever seen, it gets less lame.

Nothing is as skippable as the Florida sub in The Hunt!
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    As a player who managed to get top 50 for the purple Xavier cover, plus getting lucky in tokens to get the other two colors, I have to say just having 1 cover for him isn't enough to beat his essential nodes, especially considering the lack of choice of characters to go along w/ Xavier in a team up. If you only have his purple cover, he'll just be a few hits meat shield per node.

As far as the separation is concerned, it depends on how hard the folks in your shard decide to push. I suspect most players would be content w/ getting just the blue cover and nothing higher in terms of placement, assuming they bother to participate in the event at all.

Sooner or later, anyone who wants the Rag blue cover will get one, whether as a token pull or via a reward from an event. As someone here mentioned as an example, Cyclops red was the most difficult cover to obtain out of his 3 colors. And yet it was a Daily Deadpool reward. I wouldn't be surprised if D3 does something similar w/ Rag blue cover within the next few weeks.
  • I understood releasing a new character and having iron fist be a required character before many had a chance unless they were a top 150 performer or gambled, cause hey... top 150 isn't *that* hard.

Any 4* Required character would suck, even if not all the required character nodes are the 4*. If it were 4* Xforce... many have had the opportunity to get at least one char and could participate.

Xavier though? Really? I get he's the new shiny, but only top 50 in the last tourney got one. Very little opportunity elsewhere was available to get one.

No I'm not quitting because of this. I love the game and defend most your actions.

But this tinykitty sucks.

I Agree... Per the norm Xavier should have been offered as the prize for army of one. Instead you give us cyclops and then no cyclops PvP... Confused??