4 star PVP rewards.

It seems to me that even with spending hero points on boosts and shields, given the cool downs, the 1k rewards are out of the reach of most 3 star players, without the aid of alliances which coordinate their hits on shielded members. This seems to me, like it has only reinforced the behaviors that the shield cool downs were meant to curb. I see two main reasons for this:

1: the 4 star super teams appear too early in the point progression, in most cases I start seeing and getting hit by XF/4hor teams around the 670 range. Once I get above 700, I can click every node and often this all I see. This is problematic because even though I can win against them, often times by the time the fight is over, the number of defensive losses that occurred result in a negative point outcome. This leads into the second issue

2: The retaliation points are almost never more than the points lost, in most cases they are significantly less. The other issue, is even though I can beat XF/4hor reliably boosted, when that player retaliates against my unboosted ai-driven team, it is almost a guaranteed loss.

I would propose that a point modifier be added in to offset this, based on difference between overall team ratings. It is absolutely unfair that someone beating an XF/4hor team with Mmag/Cstorm should receive the same or less points than that XF/4hor team beating a 3 star group.

Another Idea would be to leave shielded players in the attack pool. I have often gone through all 3 nodes, skipping multiple times, only to find the same 7-8 players using the exact same teams. All of which are not worth the point risk due to their values/ fight times/ possible attacks while unshielded. At the very least, allow shielded players to target shielded players. What is the point of pulling players out of the pool while shielded, especially if there is no risk to them if hit?

I am all for a challenge, but fighting 3-4 minute fights for 20-30 pts while simultaneously loosing multiple concurrent defensive fights for 20-30 pts each is not a challenge, it's a wall. Additionally, if the 4 star fights didn't show up until the low to mid 800's, seems like the reasonable range given the reward tiers, and we're worth 30+ pts, the 1k rewards would be attainable, with some effort and maybe the occasional purchase.

I have no issues purchasing hp to compete for a prize I can win, however the current system discourages me from purchasing anything at all. It just feels like trying to get onto a treadmill that is already cranked up too high.

Comments

• How can shielded players not be in the pool of possible opponents? I bought an 8 hour shield last night, and I woke to find I'd been beaten five or six times. You are definitely fair game while shielded. You just don't lose points.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    You are definitely fair game while shielded
    They queued you while you were unshielded. You can't queue someone if they're shielded.