Got sandboxed I think, but don't know why

Options
StevO-J
StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
Today I was playing just like any other day, until I noticed my Alliance tab was empty. I've had this happen before when the connection was slow, the game would say I wasn't in any alliance but force closing the app and restarting would fix it. Not this time... I tried to rejoin my old alliance by searching for it, but it would just show a message saying I've been removed from the alliance and to try again later. At first I thought I was just kicked out of the alliance, which struck me as odd because I was one of the more active players but it could happen none the less, no big deal as it wasn't a top 100 alliance or anything (far from it, got a few top 2500 finishes where the reward was 50 HP, nothing higher). So I started looking for a new alliance but found I couldn't join any other one.

At this point I'm starting to worry a little bit, since I had noticed that the brackets for Deadpool's Daily and Season XII where standing at 1001 and 5001 resectively, and I was beginning to realize that maybe it was me that was the sandboxed player. So I opened a ticket at Costumer Support asking if someone could look into my problem, as was suggested when trying to join a new alliance, and telling them that I have not cheated in any way as far as I know.

After this I started searching through the forum to see if there are other people who have had this happen to their account, and finding that there seems to be an automated system in place to flag accounts suspected of cheating, or at least accounts where there are some strange/abnormal situations. I now realize I maybe should have searched the forum before I submitted my ticked, because I found that someone said that having too much Iso-8, or gaining a lot in a short time could be a reason to get flagged, and as my current Iso-8 stash is nearing 2 million that could very well be the reason for all of this happening.

My reason for not spending large amounts of Iso is that I have found that with my developing roster it is near impossible to get a decent score in PVP early on, so I decided to keep my characters at a maximum of level 70 if they have 13 covers, or around 58 if they have less covers (I had a maximum of 64 before I joined the forum or had any 4*'s, it was only later that I learned that keeping you max level low was advantageous in PVE, but sice I enjoy playing PVE a lot more than PVP I never saw a reason to spend Iso for levelling). Had I known that this could possibly be a reason to get sandboxed I probably would have spent a few 100k on buying standard tokens I guess (not certain that is the case here, but I'm kinda leaning towards this for now). I also have over 500 standard tokens saved up which I was planning on opening soon, but now I think I'll wait what's to come.

Now the question I have is what is going to happen to my placement in the current PVE? I'm comfortably in the top 50, which would mean getting one Prof. X cover, 100 HP and some Iso-8, but I'm thinking I'm not going to get any of these rewards if I'm correct in assuming I have been sandboxed. I'm really hoping I can get some form of compensation after this is resolved, and since I don't think I have done something wrong I believe it will be, and I really hope all effort put into getting this top 50 finish (my slice ends in about 30 minutes) will not have been in vain.

I have only submitted my ticket a few hours ago, so I don't know if it has been read yet but I just thought that putting up this message could not hurt, maybe even help me get things resolved a bit quicker. It is not meant to complain, just to tell my story and maybe get some input on what to expect if someone with a similar experience reads this.

Edit: Well, I just got the top 50 rewards, so that's a big relief. And I think the title might be a little off topic compared to my story above, so let me state again that I have no idea why I'm having these problems, and if it's the case, why I'm sandboxed. I have never cheated in any way, I wouldn't even know how to do it even if I wanted come to think of it. I really hope my CS ticket gets through quickly and they let me know what's going on, I'll try to post any progress here in the future.

Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can't help you, just posting to tell you not to spend lots of iso on standard tokens just to get rid of it, you have no obligation to do so and it's a waste of good iso.

Good luck!
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Today I got a response from Customer Support to my ticket. It turns out that when you have a lot of Iso-8 saved up it can cause your account to be automatically sandboxed and that this was not intentional in my case. I have now been returned to the normal player pool, but CS did went on to give me some advice. That advice was to prevent this from occurring again in the future I could best spend some part of the Iso-8 I saved up. I have on problem with doing this so I guess I'll be spending some now on standard tokens, and possibly again when the new rotation of characters comes. The problem occurred for me when I had around 1.9 million Iso-8 so I think I'll try to keep my stash limited to a maximum of around 1.7-1.8M which will likely keep me out of trouble. Up to now I keep my characters at a maximum of lvl 70 so this means I could still level about 10 characters to lvl 166 if I should choose to do so at any given time, but that would be more than enough when the time comes I think.