Add a PVE time slice between Slices 3 and 4

I live in the Eastern time zone of the US, which is probably one of the single most heavily populated time zones of players in this game, given the heavy US gamer presence. And there is no good time slice for me. Right now, my options are 9 am, 3 pm, 6 pm, 12 am, 3 am. Two end while I'm asleep, two while I'm at work, the other right after I get home from work. And I have a typical 8-5 working schedule, like a lot of people playing this game. My choices are basically cede the first 6+ hours of every sub (costing me nearly a full clear) in Slice 4 or cede the last 45 minutes of each sub and hope I can do a clear at lunch in slice 1 (which I usually choose). Both are bad.

Adding a slice that ends at 9 pm Eastern - or really anything from 7-10 pm - would make things a lot easier for US players in the East. I'm getting very tired of playing at a handicap simply because the time choices are spaced so weirdly.

Alternately, adapting the PVP schedule for PVE would work too, since 7 pm works pretty well. But adding a time slice doesn't disadvantage anyone beyond a slight spreading out of brackets.

Comments

• esoxnepa
    esoxnepa Posts: 291
    There are great graphs of world population and timezone distribution. One is here: https://strategicppm.files.wordpress.co ... 3/pop1.jpg
    (If someone has a good way to resize this image to embed it, it may help others without an external link.)

One like this, based on MPQ players, and possible ages, should be made, and then set the end times based on the peaks.

I don't know how many Asiatic players we have, so end times could probably be distributed withing +-1 hour of preferred play time of the majority of the player base.

Thankfully, I do not have the interests in attacking the events as seriously as you do, and accept 9AM or 6PM can work for me. The ultra grind of grinding down and the end, and a first grind clear of the new subs, is where I often have to block more time than I want out to compete.
  • I'm in the One True Timezone and wouldn't mind a 9PM EST end time either for PVE.
    For PVP it's not really an issue. I can grind up until about 10PM, 3 hour shield until the end and then I'm generally good. PVE is where it gets a bit dicey. I'm looking at midnight/noon which can be awkward to stay up that late to clear a sub and then another hour to start the new sub. Or 6PM, which is nice, but then if it's alternating subs, I'm not getting up at 5AM for the grind and then clear before work.

9PM would be nice, but really, maybe there should be 8 slices? One every three hours, or 6, but stagger the times every 4?
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,393 Chairperson of the Boards
    j12601 wrote:
    I'm in the One True Timezone and wouldn't mind a 9PM EST end time either for PVE.
    For PVP it's not really an issue. I can grind up until about 10PM, 3 hour shield until the end and then I'm generally good. PVE is where it gets a bit dicey. I'm looking at midnight/noon which can be awkward to stay up that late to clear a sub and then another hour to start the new sub. Or 6PM, which is nice, but then if it's alternating subs, I'm not getting up at 5AM for the grind and then clear before work.

9PM would be nice, but really, maybe there should be 8 slices? One every three hours, or 6, but stagger the times every 4?

i would like to see PVP pushed

Push sunday to monday
    Leave weds and friday alone. many do not have time to play it on sunday. Sunday should be a day of REST not having to grind for hours icon_e_smile.gif