City map's environmental tiles need to be worth it.

Options
Dragon_Nexus
Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
50 health? Really?
I mean, back at the beginning I thought this was a nice boost to get my health back. But with my guys at 2000+ health, regaining 50 is pathetic.

Simplest solution, I feel, would be to make the ability heal a percentage of your total health. 15%, perhaps? Somewhere around that? Enough to pick you up but not enough to make battles drag on forever.

Comments

• Was about to post this same recently. City is useless as environment now. The trivial fix was suggested several times: make it heal each hero for some % of its max health instead of fixed 50.
  • Spencer75
    Spencer75 Posts: 232
    Options
    Yes, a hundred times yes.

At the beginning this could be a game saver, now it's barely worth my time to click the button to heal if for some reason I pick up enough tiles.

On a similar note the latveria terrain environmental tile could be amped up to scale to team level somehow.

Additionally sometimes it used to be a tough decision whether or not too cash in the one that gives you 5 ap of every color and damages you for 100 health (I'm forgetting what it's called)

Scale the damage up on that one as well...make it a flat percentage of the character's health who's redeeming it, maybe 3-5%
  • The point of it is for it to be a neutral pvp arena and give the most level playing field, you can choose where you fight the majority of the time so just don't choose it if you don't like the bonus.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd forgotten about Thorned Rose in the jungle as well.
    Yeah that 100HP "punishment" seems kinda trivial these days
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I like this idea.
  • Same here. That's why in PvP I keep on grinding on the forrest maps, occasionally getting chance to use Thorns.

Just today I started the game with 5 forrest tiles match which made a small cascade, resulting (boosts included) in me having all the skills available in the turn one. I don't think the game lasted more than 4rounds (Punisher, Patch, OBW).
  • Spencer75
    Spencer75 Posts: 232
    Options
    bongo king wrote:
    The point of it is for it to be a neutral pvp arena and give the most level playing field, you can choose where you fight the majority of the time so just don't choose it if you don't like the bonus.

So the point is for the environmental tiles to be a big deal when you start and to end up either borderline worthless (ice cream truck) or devastating with little drawback (thorned rose)?

I don't think so
  • If anything thorned rose needs nefring, city could do with a slight buff and enviro tiles earned should be slightly increased.