Ability used against airborne opponent - Fastball Special TU

Options
If the opponent uses a fastball special to throw the last surviving opponent, then if you cast a damage ability, it does no damage!!!

Was quite dismayed that I wasted an adamantium slash to thin air, particularly as it normally disallows you from using an ability if there will be no effect.

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That is one issue with fastball, another is if the last surviving character is airborne, you don't get those turns to collect ap
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So I ran into another problem with Fastball special, so I'm just piling in on the same topic, sorry to hijack it....

So I was fighting against a single ** Daken, and the computer used Fastball special and launched him, and he was supposed to land in 3 turns.

The thing was, I had used X-force's healing the turn before, so I had my 3-turn countdown started.

After my next turn, so healing countdown=2, daken landed and did his Chemical Reaction and attacked (even thought the Fastball special countdown was now 2).

So I think this happened because there was no active computer heroes. Because I should have been doing nothing while he was airborne, but my healing would have activated before he landed, so I was fine with it.

Anyhow, it seems like a bug w/ Fastball special.