Please stop having prequisite covers for missions

Options
Two of missions so far in Thick as Thieves require you to have the Wolverine(Patch) cover to play them don't provide you with a temporary cover if you don't have one. Please stop this. Considering that you only just released this card most of the people with are ones who placed high in previous events and now they get an advantage in this event making it much harder someone who doesn't already have the cover to win it.

Comments

• Yes I agree 10000000%! Don't reward people who do well in previous events! In fact, I think the game should give rewards based on how poorly you do. So when a mission comes up that requires a certain character I suggest that the people who earned those covers not be able to play them. Conversely, people who don't have the cover should get a maxed version fully leveled!
  • Badman82 wrote:
    Yes I agree 10000000%! Don't reward people who do well in previous events! In fact, I think the game should give rewards based on how poorly you do. So when a mission comes up that requires a certain character I suggest that the people who earned those covers not be able to play them. Conversely, people who don't have the cover should get a maxed version fully leveled!

At least when I'm an **** I typically have a reason to be.
  • Sorry, you dirty poors will have to spend money to join our club.

:closes off thread with velvet rope:
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Sorry, you dirty poors will have to spend money to join our club.

:closes off thread with velvet rope:

@lmao
  • I don't P2P, I invest time. The covers that I have I earned and I'm tired of hearing people complain "I don't have this cover, I'm new". Lol, stop posting and go earn some covers! If everyone was on equal ground in this game then competition would be pointless.
  • Badman82 wrote:
    I don't P2P, I invest time. The covers that I have I earned and I'm tired of hearing people complain "I don't have this cover, I'm new". Lol, stop posting and go earn some covers! If everyone was on equal ground in this game then competition would be pointless.

I agree with most of this statement. The only reason I tend to side with the OP on this matter is that not having done well enough to earn covers in the previous event can keep you from viewing the *story line* in its entirety.
  • Fair enough. I'm honestly surprised no one has created a story thread with screen shots.
  • These events tend to have re-runs. When the next round comes you'll likely have more of the required covers.

I started the first Hulk event without Punisher so out of some missions for a deal of points. Got one only by the end. Still could finish in the first bracket. That is better than I did in the rerun having Punisher all the way.

Guess those missions are a device to sell some of the featured cover packs. And indeed to throw some cookie to those bothering to keep most covers and expand the roster size.
  • I think as long as it's not like The Hulk where it's pretty much like 'don't bother competing unless you've The Punisher' it should be okay. From what I can tell the character required missions this time are hard enough anyway that it's pretty hard to fathom someone without the said character even have a chance so it's not an unreasonable cutoff. It's nothing like The Punisher missions where you fight 3 level 50 guys that a level 85 Wolverine can solo and yet you must have The Punisher to do it. While there's no absolute power dependence on whether you have Spiderman or GSBW or whoever else the mission requires, it's pretty hard to imagine someone having a shot at beating those with a roster that doesn't even have a base version of that character.
  • I think they could keep these missions but always have a loaner character for you to use so you can go for the match rewards but you'd get less points towards the event standings than those who actually have the required cover.
  • I happened to have scored well in some PVP events and have a 2/2/0 Wolverine Patch in all his bugged glory. And, yes, with a modicum of luck he destroys the minion events like butter, making the rest of my noob 1* and 2* heroes completely irrelevant. What I can't fathom is why he is a REQUIRED hero, and the missions aren't even playable without him. The Freemium model is based upon building attachment and desire among players to keep playing, and eventually spend more money. A player without Wolverine Patch sees that screen, can't play the mission, and can't even realistically pay to acquire a wolverine patch, he is effectively stonewalled. Why are you not allowing your players to PLAY YOUR CONTENT??!?!? The model fundamentally hinges on this!

I don't have Black Widow Classic, so her missions are also locked off to me. Why is she provided sometimes and not others? Why can I just rent a BW Classic for the encounter for some ISO? It's three divergent designs that are all missing pieces have been haphazardly assembled and pushed out for this event.