Cover allocation

Trilateralus
Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
This will likely be a divisive suggestion but I think it would be interesting to have per battle cover allocation. So you can acquire all 15 covers for a character but still only use 13 at any time. This would allow you to tailor your approach to any fight based on your opponent. For instance Daredevil, going up against someone with lots of special tiles? 5 in Radar Sense. Fighting Daken? Drop Ambush to 3 etc. Then to push things even further add a fourth color to each character but still only allow 3 at a time. I think this could really improve variety in high end PVP.

Comments

• Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    I guess people just don't like this idea. icon_neutral.gif
  • This will likely be a divisive suggestion but I think it would be interesting to have per battle cover allocation. So you can acquire all 15 covers for a character but still only use 13 at any time. This would allow you to tailor your approach to any fight based on your opponent. For instance Daredevil, going up against someone with lots of special tiles? 5 in Radar Sense. Fighting Daken? Drop Ambush to 3 etc. Then to push things even further add a fourth color to each character but still only allow 3 at a time. I think this could really improve variety in high end PVP.

Interesting idea.

I'm in 2 minds about it. It is true that you can use this method to counter your opponent. However this works both ways (in pvp that is), which means you will be at a disadvantage when someone does the same to your team on defense.

Also there are a lot of characters with skills 1. Great! 2. Ok... 3. Meh - skills, which means that their no.3 skill wouldn't be of much use anyway even if it is at 5, or you're almost never to never ever going to compromise the way the 13/15 are placed anyway. an example would be Psyduck at 535, 3Thor at 355 or (lol) Gold-Bagman at 355.

That said, I think your idea has some merit, and it'd be interesting if it is enacted. But right now a lot of the forumites have bigger fish to fry (the nerf), so don't take it to heart if your suggestion passes over them at the moment. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like the 15 cover idea alot. It'd also ease the hardship when you realize you've spec'd a character incorrectly, and let you test easily the different configurations.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Another argument I have always been in favor of that feels similar (in flavor) to this would be to have won covers become color blind. You can either:
    * earn up to 13 'points' that you are allowed to allocate across 3 abilities however you see fit. These points could be reallocated.
    * earn up to 15 'points' but you are only allowed to allocate 13 of the points across the 3 abilities. Reallocation in this scheme would have to be more mandatory.
  • letting any cover added to a 13 cover character be a wild card for respec would be a step in the right direction.