You Vs. MPQ!

cletus1985
cletus1985 Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
So I've been getting burnt out on MPQ recently and have been trying to think of something to add to the content that would be an enjoyable experience each day that wouldn't interfere with the current format. DDQ is really the only thing that even seems enjoyable at this point, the grind of PVE is just too much and getting run over in PVP is far from enjoyable just for an outside chance of Top 100 and one cover.

So what if there was a completely independent section that you could play once a day, that had no effect on PVE or PVP? No Health Packs necessary, no team ups or boosts, just a one shot per day run? I think you could give out Iso-8 as the only reward based on how far you get (maybe a cover if you actually make it all the way through, perhaps this could be the equivalent of DDQ for 4*'s)

So here is the format:

One giant survival node! The opponent: every character in MPQ. Your roster: Your roster

Yeah that's right! Your entire roster vs. the entire MPQ character base. Obviously it would be near impossible to defeat for 99% of the player base, but without losing any resources who cares? You go in, get to play with all your hard earned characters and earn some Iso-8 along the way.

I'd say you get to choose your starting line-up and final 3, the guys in between come in at random. I think this would go a long ways towards bringing some fun and excitement back to the game, because when I start feeling like I'm going to work when I start playing a game I think something has gone HORRIBLY WRONG!

Comments

• Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like this idea of an ultimate survival node.

Another potential option that would be more fun in my mind would be for this to be an unending battle. The opposing team should loop infinitely, offering increased rewards for each wave defeated.

The waves could start off small and increase in size every few waves, rewards could start off small at say 100 Iso, and increase by 10 Iso each wave.
  • I thought this was what the initial concept of survival nodes was going to be but instead it was incorporated into a pve event making a bad grind into a horrible grind. <two thumbs way up>