Effects of old power-ups?

Unknown
edited October 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
So, because I'm a hoarder, I still have a fair amount of the old boosts in my collection (10% on x-men etc)

Are the new characters still being influenced by these? i.e. with my X-Men boost, will I do 10% more damage to Prof X?

Just wondering in case I ever feel the urge to dust them off icon_e_biggrin.gif

Comments

• No really, I'm interested in the answer to this. For a specific question:

Is Professor-X affected when I play a boost that says +10% damage to X-Men?
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    I still have 3 20% damage to mutants, 2 50% to hammer and a couple old blue and purple damate (20%) myself.

as a fellow hoarder I was especially outraged at the change to the team ups. I enjoyed collected high level ones, and barely had any that weren't above 166......b.s.
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    rednailz wrote:
    as a fellow hoarder I was especially outraged at the change to the team ups. I enjoyed collected high level ones, and barely had any that weren't above 166......b.s.

Oh come on, we all love seeing that level 40 yelena team-up pop up after whipping her **** at level 200+ icon_rolleyes.gif

//really wish instead of straight trashing i could convert those team-up offers into ISO...

ETA:

I still have the following retired boosts:

6 +3 r/y
    5 +3 g/b
    10 +20% y/r dmg
    10 +20% g/b dmg
    10 +20% b/p dmg
    10 +10% all dmg
    6 +20% dmg to Dark Avengers
    8 +20% dmg to Mutants
    10 +20% dmg to Avengers
    10 +20% dmg to X-Men
    10 +20% dmg to HAMMER
    10 +20% dmg to Maggia
    10 +20% dmg to The Brotherhood
    8 +20% dmg to Doombots
    1 +150% dmg to Maggia
    1 +150% dmg to HAMMER
    2 +50% dmg to HMMER

I also think I have a couple +50% heroic boosts, but those only show up in my inventory during heroics. I'll never use any of them though. They are trophies of a time long forgotten.
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    rednailz wrote:

Oh come on, we all love seeing that level 40 yelena team-up pop up after whipping her **** at level 200+ icon_rolleyes.gif

//really wish instead of straight trashing i could convert those team-up offers into ISO...

ETA:

I still have the following retired boosts:

6 +3 r/y
    5 +3 g/b
    10 +20% y/r dmg
    10 +20% g/b dmg
    10 +20% b/p dmg
    10 +10% all dmg
    6 +20% dmg to Dark Avengers
    8 +20% dmg to Mutants
    10 +20% dmg to Avengers
    10 +20% dmg to X-Men
    10 +20% dmg to HAMMER
    10 +20% dmg to Maggia
    10 +20% dmg to The Brotherhood
    8 +20% dmg to Doombots
    1 +150% dmg to Maggia
    1 +150% dmg to HAMMER
    2 +50% dmg to HMMER

I also think I have a couple +50% heroic boosts, but those only show up in my inventory during heroics. I'll never use any of them though. They are trophies of a time long forgotten.

that's an impressive collection of trophies I have to say. my hat is off to you good sir.
  • roberts_2
    roberts_2 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Yes, they work, i have a lot of old power ups (not many as hex706f726368 but close icon_lol.gif ) and i use sometimes hammer/mobs extra damage.
  • I know they work, I just want to know if the list of characters that they impact (i.e. The Dark Avengers, does Sentry get affected by that?)
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ask yourself this: why would they be adding functionality to affect new characters to boosts they phased out ages ago?
  • Ask yourself this: why would they be adding functionality to affect new characters to boosts they phased out ages ago?

I think the OPs question was more relevant.
  • ClydeFrog76
    I think you're thinking wrong. Think about it.
  • I think you're thinking wrong. Think about it.

Good day, ClydeFrog. I hope you understand I'm not trying to be rude or ... a d#*!.

The answer to the OP's question would help the (many) people who have retired boosts. The question you posed would apply to whom exactly, the devs? I sure would be interested to know if the *10 +20% dmg to X-Men* would apply to Prof. X.
  • buddy2034
    buddy2034 Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Has anybody tried using old boosts in the 4* DDQ? Do we know the answer to the above of whether these boosts will work against the new characters? I would think the new characters are classified as mutants, X-Men, etc. to be included in the special PVP events. If the boosts work, they could provide huge help for matches where you're out of your league with normal boosts. Just have to figure out who's in what category.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    buddy2034 wrote:
    Has anybody tried using old boosts in the 4* DDQ? Do we know the answer to the above of whether these boosts will work against the new characters? I would think the new characters are classified as mutants, X-Men, etc. to be included in the special PVP events. If the boosts work, they could provide huge help for matches where you're out of your league with normal boosts. Just have to figure out who's in what category.
    Just used a couple yesterday after I got frustrated on a couple of close losses. +20% to Mutants, +20% to X-Men = Wolverine said ouch.

And yes, we update new characters with affiliation tags still. They're used internally for things other than just the boosts, so they come in handy even if they're not surfaced.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    The answer is in the terminology I think. 'Retired' boosts are exactly that, retired.

I don't know for sure the answer to this question since I'm relatively new but looking through old posts I think what I'm saying may be the case.
  • Gigas Breaker
    Gigas Breaker Posts: 86 Match Maker
    I used x-men and mutant boosts for 4* ddq vs Cyclops.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    buddy2034 wrote:
    Just used a couple yesterday after I got frustrated on a couple of close losses. +20% to Mutants, +20% to X-Men = Wolverine said ouch.

And yes, we update new characters with affiliation tags still. They're used internally for things other than just the boosts, so they come in handy even if they're not surfaced.
    In that case, can you run one of my weak 4* characters against a HAMMER goon? I've got six +150% damage to HAMMER boosts that I just can't figure out what to do with.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you stored your old boosts in the refrigerator they won't degrade as much. Also in a zip lock bag to keep air out.

Now if the old boosts were stored improperly you may only get 1 to 5% damage boost.
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    Ask yourself this: why would they be adding functionality to affect new characters to boosts they phased out ages ago?

Keeping faction tags even for new characters let the door open for new mechanics based on them. When developping an evolving collectible game thinking your keywords ahead is always a good idea.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lee T wrote:

Keeping faction tags even for new characters let the door open for new mechanics based on them. When developping an evolving collectible game thinking your keywords ahead is always a good idea.
    They just implemented a new feature that is affected by team membership, with Mr. Fantastic's black power.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    buddy2034 wrote:

Any chance of bringing some of these boosts back? It would be nice to have some variety again.
  • ClydeFrog76
    LOL, I got schooled.

Happy to be proven wrong, I've still got a few old +20% myself icon_mrgreen.gif