Whole/partial hp refund for purchased nerfed covers

TLDR: hp refund for people who have recently purchased a cover that gets nerfed.

When a new cover comes out, I look at my hp reserves and the powers of that cover and decide if I want it now, or later. If the power is good, I spend. If not, I wait to earn them through rewards/tokens.

When a nerf comes out so soon for buying a cover, the new powers aren't as good, and if I had to choose to buy, I may not have.

Case 1. Iron fist. Yes the purple power probably needed to be fixed. But balancing the game is not our job. The fault for releasing iron fist before he was ready lies with d3. People who bought covers for fist made the decision to do so based on his power before balancing. A decision that might have gone the other way if the balanced power was in place on release day.

Case 2. 4* Thor. I spent 10k on release day, and enjoyed the benefits of that purchase for a few months. I feel like I got a decent return for my investment. Sad about the nerf, but not as bitter as the many other players that bought covers yesterday.

Balancing the game is fair and needs to happen. Doing so can change the game dramatically in some cases and can be costly to the players. Something like 50% hp refund for purchased covers on nerfed characters within 30 days of nerf would be fair.

Comments

• I don't buy any covers myself but I see how people who just bought it can be pissed off. Some paid real cash for something that became a garbage before they even had a real chance to use it. I say for Iron Fist they should give full refund. Otherwise it's a really bad practice. Talk about customer retention. They basically give a finger to people who bring them cash.