how about a bench option

thisone
thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
How about having the option to sub in another character, have a limit on it maybe twice per 24 hour period, or having say 5 to use per 7 day period and have more winnable in nodes ala health packs.

Like say, I'm in a node and the board is terrible but the ai team is getting cascade after cascade. Instead of quitting (rage quitting? Lol) you could decide to try and change your tactic mid game. Like say bringing in loki or a.n. other. It could add more depth to the game, obviously the penalty is you run the risk of downing 4 characters instead of three if you lose. It stands to reason only an active character can be subbed not a downed one. Maybe they have to have 45% of max hp or something. Just to stop it turning into just prolonging your game.

Maybe team ups already cover this to some degree, but it seems like it could be a fun addition to the game. Possibly it will be too niche to justify the coding but any further ideas are very welcome.

Comments

• Might need to thinktank and work out some kinks to it. For one, I'd suggest not allowing it in PvP. God knows there are already enough Meta complaints without giving XForce/4Thor the potential to tag in Nick Fury or Professor X.

I see this as adding a nice element of teams over 3 members. We already have 3 Guardians of the Galaxy covers, but there'll be a riot if we don't get Drax in there at some point. Then we have the Avengers, who have good members, but some who wouldn't fit in the same group. (Like characters who share color trios). Barring it to PvE, the cooldown could be reduced to 8 hours between uses, with no saving up. It'd help some people tackle nodes with large desirable rewards (like 1000k+ Iso) but keeping it limited to one per refresh cycle. It would also be a godsend to survival missions with unfair odds (Gorgon why)