Do Tacos Go Stale?

Leugenesmiff
Leugenesmiff Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
edited April 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Could someone either explain to me how to figure out what characters will be in saved Taco tokens or point me to the answer if it's here already, I can't find it. I've recently begun saving them for when a character I really want is up, but noticed today that my held tokens are now on a new page seperate from the new ones. I'd just figured they'd be all grouped together and Id use them the week someone I wanted was one of the new 3* being offered? Are the characters on the page the old tokens are on the 3*s Id have a chance for? If so, Do those change?

Any help would be great.
Taco

Comments

• Carnage_78
    Carnage_78 Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
    The taco tokens do accumulate but in two different groups.

The ones that you just saved up will not accumulate with the current run but with the next one.

So Day 1-5 with Day 11-15, Day 21-25, etc. & Day 6-10 with Day 16-20, Day 26-30, etc.

Basically, you will end up with two piles of Taco tokens...and one of the piles will be usable whenever you want one of the characters featured. icon_cool.gif

EDIT: The active tokens will have the current characters in it no matter when you got them but the inactive tokens will still have the last character set they ran with.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been hoarding, here is what happened so far:

Week one (day 5): 10 active tokens, all pull BP/Mags/Storm/Cage/Groot.
    Week two (day 5): 10 active tokens that pull DP/DD/She-Hulk/Gamorra/Spidey. 10 Stockpiled tokens that pull BP/Mags/Storm/Cage/Groot.
    Week three (day 5): 20 active tokens that all pull Loki/Daken/Doom/GSBW/Squirrel. 10 stockpiled tokens that pull (DP/DD/She-Hulk/Gamorra/Spidey?) - I assume they pulled week 2.
    Week four (day 5): 20 active tokens that all pull Mystique/Hulk/Psy/Falcon/Beast. 20 stockpiled tokens that pull (Loki/Daken/Doom/GSBW/Squirrel?)
    week five (day 1): 22 active tokens that all pull Cap/Blade/Sentry/Patch/Punisher. 20 stockpiled tokens that pull (Mystique/Hulk/Psy/Falcon/Beast from week 4? Possibly week 3 since more didn't roll in?)

So maybe the rule is "remove active tokens into stockpile, but only if there are more active than stockpiled"? Or perhaps only 20 stockpiled allowed?
  • I've been hoarding since after week 1.
    Week 2: 10, week 3: 9, week 4: 9
    Currently: 19 hoarded, 9 active.

So two of the weeks were clumped together. I'm guessing the hoarded tokens still pull week 3 or 4?

If we go with the 2 pool theory, then next week I should start with 19 active tokens before I even pull. Will post back in 5 days.
  • This is a potential game changer. Are you guys saying that all hoarded tokens will pull from the previous weeks rotation?

So for example, Can I keep all my week 1 tokens, save them until week 5, open them and pull week 4 characters?
  • SnowcaTT
    This is a potential game changer. Are you guys saying that all hoarded tokens will pull from the previous weeks rotation?

So for example, Can I keep all my week 1 tokens, save them until week 5, open them and pull week 4 characters?

That's how I understand it. I'm hoarding for "King of the 3*"s (I think it's Nothern Polarity that calls him that, correctly) Iron Fist. Hoard until you get a character you want: he's still not here so let's stay he's in the next set (week 6) and I cash in last day. That's 60 total Tacos at 2.2% draw each, so percentage-wise I should get a bit more than one of each featured character.

I'm not sure how they'll split next week, at the end of this week I'll have 30 active and 20 stockpiled, maybe 10 more will fall onto stockpile? So then at the end of IF week (pretending week 6, next week) I'll have 30 active and 30 stockpiled. I'll cash in the active 30 that week (still week 6), and try for IF. Then I'll wait until the next week (week 7), the active tokens rotate, the stockpiled rotate to the last set [this is the part that I was sure of week 2, and haven't had confirmation of after that], and I'll cash in the 30 stockpiled for more chances at IF.
  • I hoarded a bunch for a week, but then when they were stockpiled and pulled from the last week I quit hoarding them - figured they would never change draw. Looks like I'm back to hoarding again......well except for I really need a greenflag.pngicon_wolverine.png so I'll probably go ahead and open this weeks, but I will have to start saving them soon.
  • Leugenesmiff
    So do I have this right: If a character I want comes up, I need to wait until the week right after he leaves the active tokens to get him with my saved up ones? The current reserved characters are those from the week just ending?
  • Carnage_78
    So do I have this right: If a character I want comes up, I need to wait until the week right after he leaves the active tokens to get him with my saved up ones? The current reserved characters are those from the week just ending?

No, you won't have to wait...during the time that the character that you want is in, your active tokens for the current event will include the ones that you hoarded but only the half of them that fit with the current odd / even run number.

So if the character that you want is say in run 6 then the tokens that you kept from run 2 & 4 will be available to you to draw the character that you want while the tokens are active. After the run of your character is over, then the inactive tokens will be the ones pulling from the character set you want which is the same pool of tokens you would've pulled from during the active run.

Hopefully I did not lose you along the way...but basically only half of your hoarded tokens will draw from the character set that you want at any given time.
  • ballingbees
    ballingbees Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    I saved week1's tokens into week3's rotation, because I needed Daken, Doom and Loki. Out of 18 tokens there was only one gold, a Squirrel.
    I'm inclined to believe that tacos are stale to start with
  • Leugenesmiff
    Carnage_78 wrote:

No, you won't have to wait...during the time that the character that you want is in, your active tokens for the current event will include the ones that you hoarded but only the half of them that fit with the current odd / even run number.

So if the character that you want is say in run 6 then the tokens that you kept from run 2 & 4 will be available to you to draw the character that you want while the tokens are active. After the run of your character is over, then the inactive tokens will be the ones pulling from the character set you want which is the same pool of tokens you would've pulled from during the active run.

Hopefully I did not lose you along the way...but basically only half of your hoarded tokens will draw from the character set that you want at any given time.

Ok, thanks. I think I get it. So, I've got two groups of tokens, A and B, and they rotate group week to group week from active to stockpiled to active, while the groups of characters offered rotate from Active to Stockpiled to no longer available.
    I've just started saving so haven't had a chance to watch the tokens getting broken up and rearranged a complete cycle yet which is why I was confused. Well, that and I'm not too bright.
  • Carnage_78
    Yeah...you got it! icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Flume
    Flume Posts: 50 Match Maker
    A friend and I have been testing this and I don't think "stale" works like is stated in this thread.
    I stockpiled from the weekend and had accumulated a few in the "old stock" tacos.
    I opened one today and got a blue cmags which is an award from Feb 19 which is many cycles ago.
    My friend said he got a blue im40 which has never been a taco reward.

He also managed to collect up 20 "new stock" tokens which is more than is possible from a current cycle.
    Somehow, his from last week went to new stock and mine went to old.
  • SnowcaTT
    Well, mine went "away" this afternoon.

Started this morning earning two, my 100th Tacos! (99 is all the window shows).

This afternoon is says 50....the stockpile is completely gone. Where did my Tacos go! Taco thief! I guess I'll file a report on this thief to customer service, maybe they can find out what happened before we have a missing chimichanga epidemic.
  • danae
    danae Posts: 101
    Yeah mine too. I just lost the ones that are currently not active. I seriously hope that it was a bug.
  • SnowcaTT
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27199&p=330964#p330964

Happening to everyone with stockpile, I guess.