Idea for D3 to make money allow covers to be tranfered

slidecage
slidecage Posts: 3,393 Chairperson of the Boards
Say someone has a maxed out person and gets a cover they dont want. Allow them to send the cover to another person in the league. Now how you ask how would D3 make money this way. Charge the person sending the cover like 100 to 200 HP for a 3 star cover. I have heard a lot of people having like 8000 Hp and tons of covers they cant use, this could help out other people in their team -allowing their team to rank up higher meaning the person who sends the covers would be out the HP at start but over the long run they would earn more since their teams would be ranking higher.

Also how about pay HP to enter events (though i think they would need a new licence for this and many states would not allow it)

Play 50 HP to enter a tour. Top xxx get xxx bottom gets 25 hp back (or even use ISO to enter ) where even if you come in last you would still get half your buy in back.

Comments

• This actually sounds like one of the better ideas regarding the controversial idea of 'trading' that gets passed around on this specific board. Because by charging the one doing the sending, it reduces the benefit of normal beneficial trading in essence by just converting it to simply funding someone else's experience. I would say to be wary of these kinds of ideas still, because more competitive top alliances would mean having to extend the top prizes for alliances so that less fortunate ones can still be on level ground with ones that win that extra cover.

As for pay events, there have been some 'Elite' PvP events back in the early game where you pay to enter, everyone in gets at least a Heroic Token, and top prize was 10000 HP. It could see a return if D3 gets a lull in funds.
  • This actually sounds like one of the better ideas regarding the controversial idea of 'trading' that gets passed around on this specific board. Because by charging the one doing the sending, it reduces the benefit of normal beneficial trading in essence by just converting it to simply funding someone else's experience. I would say to be wary of these kinds of ideas still, because more competitive top alliances would mean having to extend the top prizes for alliances so that less fortunate ones can still be on level ground with ones that win that extra cover.

As for pay events, there have been some 'Elite' PvP events back in the early game where you pay to enter, everyone in gets at least a Heroic Token, and top prize was 10000 HP. It could see a return if D3 gets a lull in funds.
    The last time an elite event was played, it was 150 hp to enter one. 52 player brackets top reward was 2 Mohawk storm covers, 250hp, and some ISO. 2nd got 100 hp and a Mohawk storm cover. All other places got ****, even 3rd (which is what I got)
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,214 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think a risk that this type of system would encourage is High Ranking Alliances REQUIRING members to Donate a cover to members as part of the cost of membership.
  • Mattfal wrote:
    This actually sounds like one of the better ideas regarding the controversial idea of 'trading' that gets passed around on this specific board. Because by charging the one doing the sending, it reduces the benefit of normal beneficial trading in essence by just converting it to simply funding someone else's experience. I would say to be wary of these kinds of ideas still, because more competitive top alliances would mean having to extend the top prizes for alliances so that less fortunate ones can still be on level ground with ones that win that extra cover.

The last time an elite event was played, it was 150 hp to enter one. 52 player brackets top reward was 2 Mohawk storm covers, 250hp, and some ISO. 2nd got 100 hp and a Mohawk storm cover. All other places got ****, even 3rd (which is what I got)

Oh no I'm talking waaaaay super early in the MPQ release cycle.
  • Pwuz_ wrote:
    I think a risk that this type of system would encourage is High Ranking Alliances REQUIRING members to Donate a cover to members as part of the cost of membership.

They could try, but I don't think a lot of our current member-base would go for it. Given the prize for being in a high ranking Alliance is just more HP and covers, a Commander trying to tax people for the only benefit they reap for being in it (i.e. spending the HP to give away a cover) would just have people join less merciless alliances. Bearing in mind that some people wouldn't even take the risk of being scammed (Commander accepts the donated cover, kicks the donating player anyway).

This too can also be further alleviated by extending the alliance prize tierings like I mentioned in my previous posts to discourage this behavior anyway. Extend bonus cover prizes to 250+ alliances and minimum HP bonus to 1000+ Alliances. That will cover 5000 people total for covers and 20000 for HP bonuses. With those numbers, only the tryest of tryhards would dare to enforce such an entrance fee.
  • Azoic
    Azoic Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    No. No. No. This just encourages gold farmers.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    slidecage wrote:
    .Charge the person sending the cover like 100 to 200 HP for a 3 star cover.

Why would I want to pay HP to send someone else a cover? I'm not that charitable...
  • MojoWild wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

Why would I want to pay HP to send someone else a cover? I'm not that charitable...

He said there are people who have excess HP already. And even so, your personal progression can still be held back if your alliance mates aren't up to snuff.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    MojoWild wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

He said there are people who have excess HP already. And even so, your personal progression can still be held back if your alliance mates aren't up to snuff.

Yes, I saw that, my question was more rhetorical. I don't know a lot of people rolling in piles of HP and it seems like people who are already have a self-sufficient alliance.