Event point maxxing

Options
Talahamut
Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
edited January 2014 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Has anyone figured out a formula to maximize the points you get in each Event stage?
It seems like the mission point rewards just increase/regen over time, but depending on that regen rate and total mission time is there an optimum way to play these type of events?

Comments

• Generally, I've found the best way is to play one match to get into a bracket and then just sit it out until the last couple hours. Over time the point value of the matches goes up so once it's really high, you can work up through the ranks really fast. Once there's about an hour or two left, I grind grind grind up into the top brackets. You'll never get 1st place like this, but I can usually get top 50 no problem with only an hour of play.
  • it takes in average 8 hours after the completion to regen the points
  • Talahamut
    Options
    Is there a best time duration to wait to start the event and then wait in between doing more missions in it?

E.g. The current "Family Reunion", the first mission reward started at about 14 pts and is now at 18. If I do all the missions now, I wouldn't get **** for reward points.
    But if I wait X time, the rewards max and you can do a couple missions at max pts before they start dropping down again as you do them. Then there should be a certain amount of time to allow for regen that would get you max points on another mission or two.

Trying to figure out what those durations are and what the best times to wait to start/continue doing missions is for any given event to max your point rewards, especially for the missions you can only do once.
  • I'd love to know that too. Right now, I just wait until the last hour or two then play until the thing completes or I run out of health boosts. This usually gets me top 50.

To get higher than that... I assume you just have to have a lot more time than I do.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Points refresh every 8 hours, and the later you start, the more points you get. Therefore, you want to time starting a cycle such that you do your last cycle as close to the end of the event as possible, and do previous cycles based off of that. So for example, if it took you an hour to do all the events, then you would want to do a cycle 9 hours before the end of the event, and 17 hours before the end of the event. 3 cycles are typically enough to get 1st, so thats what ive been doing.
  • Wow, I've been playing these completely wrong! How does the difficulty scaling work? Does each encounter just get a little bit harder with each mission completion? Or do those reset as well?
  • Talahamut
    Options
    From what I've seen this event, it looks like difficulty increases with every win and drops with every loss - with no reset, even between sub-events...
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Scaling increases by 1 notch (usually 5-10 enemy levels) every win, and decreases by 1 notch every 5 retreats across the board. Not sure about actual losses.