No more 2-power characters

I actually left MPQ for quite a while there. When I came back, I was stunned to see that my Loki, Doom, and 2* Daken all had a third available power on them, which I will be excited to get the former two with a full set of three each. However, I did note a peculiar conundrum in that Bullseye and Ragnarok are the only 2-power characters left in their respective tiers, and we still have all these less-used 2-power 1*s sitting around, which includes Venom, sadly enough. I know I'm proposing a very long winded and long term change to rework all of these characters with a third power in mind that doesn't make them more ridiculous than necessary.

I played around with ideas considering how some characters are introduced in the early game and how some abilities could be added, but not fully imbalance the early tiers.

Widow seems like a perfect example for her 1-star to serve as an intro to passives, perhaps something soft like 'Initiative' that activates when countdowns are generated by mooks to raise the expected turn count by one (perhaps more colors/turns as levels go up). I thought Hawkeye could act as a primer for it too, given the two are introduced so closely together. A super soft version of Speed Shot called something like 'Trick Shot' to do some tiny bonus damage whenever the team makes a match-4 or above to train players to keep a 'sharp eye' out for those coveted matches. The two together mix offensive and defensive passives in the early game.

As for Juggernaut, his focus is teaching the player to block strong moves from an enemy by matching their colors before they can. Given that, I could only come up with another passive, like 'Momentum'. Given his third color is black, i came up with a risky style passive where matching the same color match twice in a row (either over two turns or within cascades) would let him generate 1 extra AP, but taking damage over a threshhold (like Hulk or Classic Storm) would make him lose 1 AP. As an opponent, it would also solidify the concept of 'Interrupt your enemy's colors' that Juggs is made for. [levels 1-3 could add more available colors, 4-5 could add more AP per double)

Next we think of our Spider-Man fan favorite, Venom. It's no secret that the cost raise of Symbiote Snare at level 5 was kind of mixed, as he can't reach max level without it. Clearly, he's in need of a third power to balance that choice. His third being Green, you figure an active to fit him with fellow Dark Avenger, Daken might be much preferred. I figured a targeted AP generating "Bite" into the board to contrast with Lightning Strike and unstoppable Crash might be appropriate. Perhaps costing around three AP more than the amount of tiles it chews out, expanding by cover level. That would assist in an AP heavy strategy of amassing 12 black and 24 purple for a one turn KO that would be at low risk of happening with a computer controlled Venom, so he isn't monstrously more dangerous than he needs to be.

Lastly, I'm disappointed that Yelena Belova is forced to pale in comparison to our own Widow. To round out what would be a real introductory set of our starter 7, I looked no further than medium-low cost countdown ability to round out her heavy cost abilities. I figured a simple AP generator would be appropriate like "Preparation", spending even numbers of blue AP to build a split of black and purple to unleash those damaging tricks (a ratio of 2 blue for 1 black and purple each).

I know I got too wrapped up in detailing all of this, but I really feel like it's been too long to keep these 2-power characters that have VERY clear disadvantages to their 3-powered tier-mates with their current states. They have lower levels, less options to properly fill out colors, and for the most part, end up kicked aside for it. No one keeps any 1-stars except Iron Man, Storm, Widow, or Juggernaut anymore, and yet Recruit Token after Recruit Token, I see the same faces, and just can't help but frown.