Don't buff 4* characters above 270

Now, I'm going to preface this by saying that in all honesty, I don't care if any 4* that is neither Thor nor Wolverine gets a buff, but if they were going to implement something like this, it should probably be uniform across rarity.

This is obviously sparked by the Women of Marvel tournament, and I have nothing against the themed pvp or how it works.... except for the fact that those with a maxed 4* Thor are getting a powerhouse with 22k hp capable of one shotting anyone in the game who also, more importantly, CANNOT be one shot by anyone except herself during this tournament. Not even sure if she can do it, actually, but I'd imagine she can. Haven't done the math there.

The more important thing I'm getting at is that I personally believe that a character who is already considered to be one of the best 2 characters in the game, if not just flat out the best, should never receive a 50% level buff above her normal maximum. This essentially throws a giant middle finger at anyone who doesn't have access to her incredible power level. I don't have any issue with non 270 versions getting a buff up to that mark, but giving a 50% buff to a character like 4* Thor is just absurd. I wouldn't be any happier if X-Force got the same thing. And while, yes, I understand that those with the character worked hard to earn her, and yes, they should have an advantage for doing so, that advantage already exists in literally every other event. No reason to exacerbate it here.

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I personally believe that a character who is already considered to be one of the best 2 characters in the game, if not just flat out the best, should never receive a 50% level buff above her normal maximum. This essentially throws a giant middle finger at anyone who doesn't have access to her incredible power level.
    Yes, better to give a giant middle finger to everyone who worked their butts off to get a GT and level her up, by buffing every character in the game except her icon_rolleyes.gif
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    There already is an event where 4* are not buffed. Balance of Power buffs all characters to level 270.

Problem solved.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Leave my level 405 Invisible Woman alone.
  • I'm inclined to say X Force and Thor are powerful enough that they should never be level buffed, but if you're going to implicitly acknowledge this you might as well fix them in the first place, because it's not like the problem just somehow goes away even if you never have them with a level buff. At any rate, 4*s only get HP and not much damage so it's not even that big of a deal. In the case of Thor, she's literally all or nothing in all circumstances and doesn't really matter. When she's on offense she pretty much overkills anybody and when she's on defense she's pretty much useless so all you get is 50% more HP like any other character who are level buffed. X Force sort of has the same issue as all his moves are already usually overkill so it hardly matters how much more overkill he does.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    dkffiv wrote:

Until she gets reworked. Then it's the cone of shame for her, too!
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    dkffiv wrote:

Until she gets reworked. Then it's the cone of shame for her, too!