Women? of Marvel

Options
emaker27
emaker27 Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
edited March 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Just found it a little funny that the recruit screen art for the Women of Marvel event appears to have more guys than gals.

My bet is this is all a meta joke and commentary on the state of comics.... icon_rolleyes.gif

OdrlP1j.jpg?1

Comments

• Tredo
    Tredo Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It actually could be a commentary on the state of the in-game characters. I was looking at my roster and realized I don't have one maxed female character that's 3* or above. Worse, I don't think I want to max any outside of Th4r. The devs have not done a great job representing the ladies.
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I was a little confused at first as well, but it's that all of the alternate covers are drawn by women - not the actual characters themselves are women.
  • xellessanova
    xellessanova Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The Women of Marvel and Nefarious Foes packs both have the same Splash Art and Token Drop Rate as the Heroics -- looks like a copy forward error.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    In their defense.... I don't think it's necessarily provable that Groot is male.... Or female, for that matter.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For some reason I expected that the Women of Marvel event wouldn't just boost women, I thought it would restrict your entire roster to just Women characters... kind of bummed it didn't do that.
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    JVReal wrote:
    For some reason I expected that the Women of Marvel event wouldn't just boost women, I thought it would restrict your entire roster to just Women characters... kind of bummed it didn't do that.
    I think that used to be how these featured events used to work, but people complained that they couldn't play certain events because they didn't have enough required characters to even make a team, so they have changed it to boosting the featured characters but making the non-featured ones still playable.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "Women of Marvel" packs are just Heroics with a different name, so it's not like there's an increased chance of getting the women, anyway.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JVReal wrote:

I'm ecstatic it didn't do that as I would have zero chance of getting the IF covers with only a max level OBW icon_razz.gif
  • evil panda
    evil panda Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    well, Starlord is the girliest man in the game so at least he counts for 0.5
  • evil panda wrote:
    well, Starlord is the girliest man in the game so at least he counts for 0.5

I dunno, Loki was literally a woman for a while, so...
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JVReal wrote:

I'm ecstatic it didn't do that as I would have zero chance of getting the IF covers with only a max level OBW icon_razz.gif

Don't worry. With level 300+ 4or running around, your chances are still pretty slim. :/