Ridiculous cascades

PvPMore
PvPMore Posts: 24
Yes there have been threads like these before, but im still creating this because i get extremely frustrated by it.
Today again, i fell victim to ridiculous CPU cascades after just 1 turn, wiping out my entire team quickly.

What kind of a game are we playing here? A game of luck? or a strategy game? or a combination of both i guess?

Sure it's fun when i have some nice cascades and it's less fun when the CPU gets it, but i would prefer to have this changed.
CPU cascades are sometimes extreme, like double FULL columns of just 1 color dropping.

Can this PLEASE get changed, add another color to the board or whatever other solution you may think of.
This really isn't funny anymore, its also not just bad luck, hell no it happens WAY to often.

I like a puzzle strategy game, but currently this feels more like a game of luck.

Thank you!

Comments

• firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had a game today where the cpu took out a column with a 4 in a row. In the new column that dropped in was another 4 in a row. If something random interacts with something already on the board, so be it. But just dropping down a row or column with a match already in it, for either the computer or player, doesn't seem like much of a puzzle.
  • PvPMore
    firethorne wrote:
    I had a game today where the cpu took out a column with a 4 in a row. In the new column that dropped in was another 4 in a row. If something random interacts with something already on the board, so be it. But just dropping down a row or column with a match already in it, for either the computer or player, doesn't seem like much of a puzzle.

Yep, stuff like that indeed happens and i agree.
    This really should be changed...
  • On the flip side I have made one single move and won a lightning round vs a seed team because of the ensuing cascade. You barely notice the cascades that help you win because you immediately move on to the next match and start thinking about your next move. Enemy cascades force you to stop, heal people, grumble, complain, make forum posts, take a break if out of healthpacks etc. before moving on so you are paying that much more attention to the bad vs the good.

Maybe we should start taking data on the sheer number of moves we make and tally up the % chance at good cascades vs. bad cascades and have data backing up how much of an issue it really is.

In short, always feel free to vent about a bad cascade that ended your streak, but no we shouldn't change how the tiles work without way more number crunching than I am willing to do, to back up the changes that should or shouldn't be made.
  • They can definitely tweak this. Maybe even using a fixed sequence on drops would work. Like drops always in the order of Black-Blue-Green-Purple-Red-Yellow-Black-Blue-Green-Purple-Red-Yellow-and so on.

This way the chances of making matches on tile drops is reasonable and adds a level of strategy to the game.

The devs needs to address the amount of frustration caused by their dodgy 'random' tile drop programming. Sure its cool when we get them but it also feels like a cheap shot to dish them out like that
  • PvPMore
    On the flip side I have made one single move and won a lightning round vs a seed team because of the ensuing cascade. You barely notice the cascades that help you win because you immediately move on to the next match and start thinking about your next move. Enemy cascades force you to stop, heal people, grumble, complain, make forum posts, take a break if out of healthpacks etc. before moving on so you are paying that much more attention to the bad vs the good.

Maybe we should start taking data on the sheer number of moves we make and tally up the % chance at good cascades vs. bad cascades and have data backing up how much of an issue it really is.

In short, always feel free to vent about a bad cascade that ended your streak, but no we shouldn't change how the tiles work without way more number crunching than I am willing to do, to back up the changes that should or shouldn't be made.

I get your point but for me this issue is obvious.
    Often enough i see full columns of just 1 color dropping, that should not happen.
    Yesterday i had a game where CPU made a 4 color match, after that a cascade followed, creating a L, giving them a crit tile, set up for another move and got a T drop.

I know about RNG, but stuff like this happens a lot and im sure others have noticed as well.
    This should be tweaked.