DDQ lucky escape...

Options
Phew, Thanks D3, you just saved me a batch of money!
Yep, by making today's quest require Classic Daken, which I don't have in my roster, I cannot complete the quest, thereby preventing me from winning to get Classic Daken, and ensuring I would spend moola on hp for a new roster slot.

Phew, indeed!

Watch me now win Daken from a taco sometime soon. Although I won't, as my gold cover hit rate is 1/14 so far...

Comments

• eaise
    eaise Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Are you really complaining about Deadpool dailies?

If you have the character it's an extra cover. If you don't then it doesn't affect you. I don't understand why people complain about DPD. This didn't even exist two weeks ago. It's a huge improvement in the game and people want to complain about it.

The devs have done something nice for us. Don't complain and make them regret doing it.
    Be glad that every single 3* you currently have will get an extra cover for only 10 mins of your time
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    I didn't have a she-hulk when she was required. Two days later I got her in a taco token. That deadpool.....such a troll.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Unless you have every 3* character in your roster, you will inevitably not be able to complete Deadpool's Daily Quest. Nitpicking on the covers you don't have therefore couldn't get another of (huh?) instead of jumping for joy for all the other FREE cover's you are getting from Deadpool's Daily Quest just doesn't seem right.

I've missed Spidey, She-Hulk, BP, and LDaken. It happens. I did get lots of 3* covers from the Daily Quest and from Taco Tokens (along with several Moonstones... she gets around!).

I think it's an awesome thing. I did pull Spidey from Taco Tokens the day he was featured, but didn't have room in my roster for him, so I didn't play the last 2 nodes. It was a sacrifice I made to be able to have Cyclops.

Personally I feel it's better to be denied the cover that you can't use yet, than to be given it and watch it tick away and sell it before it expires because you can't fit it in your roster (which is realistically probably why it wasn't in your roster to begin with). I know I've had 1 LDaken cover before... when I was entering 2* land, and I had to focus on my 2* roster and space at the time. I haven't received another cover for him yet... from any draws, I think he was vaulted just after I had received my 1 cover from a token. Not DP3's fault, my own for selling him, but I don't regret it yet. I've used that extra spot for a lot more beneficial characters than a 1 cover LDaken.
  • nonnel
    nonnel Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Options
    eaise wrote:
    Are you really complaining about Deadpool dailies?

If you have the character it's an extra cover. If you don't then it doesn't affect you. I don't understand why people complain about DPD. This didn't even exist two weeks ago. It's a huge improvement in the game and people want to complain about it.

The devs have done something nice for us. Don't complain and make them regret doing it.
    Be glad that every single 3* you currently have will get an extra cover for only 10 mins of your time

well said
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yeah, I see them as a way to accelerate your progress where you already are in the game not help you jump transitions. So, if you have a 3* cover, you get to continue that progress. If you don't, hopefully it'll help you start the 3* transition (token) or continue to beef up your 1* and 2* ranks (iso) when top 100 is still a tall order in PVP.

This is 100 times better than is has been in the past but maybe free stuff isn't free enough for some. icon_e_wink.gif
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    For real. I mean, I get that the OP had a moment of frustration, and just wanted to vent, but complain about things that are bad, like roster slot prices, PvE scaling, how much Beast and Invisible Woman suck, etc etc, not the one thing they've done to the game in the 450+ days I've been playing that's actually a POSITIVE thing. Deadpool will take away your tacos icon_mrgreen.gif
  • OMG, I wasn't complaining at all!
    I have posted previously about how much I love the Deadpool dailies, and how much of a significant bonus this has been to gameplay.
    I was being serious! The last few days have led me to buy up more roster slots, and thankfully, for one day, I didn't have to bother!
    Try not to read too much sarcasm into every post, huh?
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    Some people need to calm down and get a sense of humor. The OP was obviously making light of not being able to do it, and did not seem upset at all. It wasnt a saracastic troll post, as people seem to be assuming more and more these days. Sometimes a statement, or a joke, is just that.
  • The best satire is indistinguishable from seriousness. I wasn't initially sure so appreciated the OP cluing us in.
  • PvPMore
    PvPMore Posts: 24
    Options
    I can imagine players with only 2* decks being frustrated if they don't get any 3* covers from the daily Taco (1 Taco).
    Especially because you know and see that 3* cover is a guaranteed one but you are locked out of it.

So ye, when you have a certain 3* you get another cover guaranteed.
    If you don't..... you sad
  • Twombley wrote:
    Phew, Thanks D3, you just saved me a batch of money!
    Yep, by making today's quest require Classic Daken, which I don't have in my roster, I cannot complete the quest, thereby preventing me from winning to get Classic Daken, and ensuring I would spend moola on hp for a new roster slot.

Phew, indeed!

Watch me now win Daken from a taco sometime soon. Although I won't, as my gold cover hit rate is 1/14 so far...
    Get over it
  • brisashi
    brisashi Posts: 418 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If this was a joke you should have hinted at the fact.

It seems indistinguishable from someone legitimately complaining.
  • Twombley wrote:
    OMG, I wasn't complaining at all!
    I have posted previously about how much I love the Deadpool dailies, and how much of a significant bonus this has been to gameplay.
    I was being serious! The last few days have led me to buy up more roster slots, and thankfully, for one day, I didn't have to bother!
    Try not to read too much sarcasm into every post, huh?

Whoops, yeah, I think you should have explained that earlier.
    I was feeling like this before :

aeb2a873122836b5dff950df864f8da2e19894cf9fa001489c90b01d9d1de080.jpg
  • I think these dp daily events are great.

But would it not make sense to give a guest cover to complete the event if you don't have the cover?

What would be the harm? Players would acquire a new cover and have to pay for the slot. It's more costly to the player without than having the required cover and just getting another one for free.

But then everyone would get to participate and maybe then we would have universal love for this event.