Random question.

Options
I was wondering how much free time you must have to be a global moderator.

From playing the game and changing up expletives to tinykitty, it all seems oh-so time-consuming!

Do ya'll have jobs outside MPQ and forum-watching? I'm barely keeping up as is, not too mention PVE, PVP and real life get me feeling more and more burnt out by the day.

Where do ya'll get the energy from? (Or are ya'll secretly droids?)

star-wars-cap-33.jpg

Comments

• dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This game is a massive time sink. But it's a game.

Play when you want, ignore the forum when you don't want. Take events that you don't care about off or take it easy and get the minimum. Heck, the season's about done, why not take a break for a week? It should be fun, not a job.

Good luck.
  • h4n1s
    h4n1s Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    You still run the assumptions that forum moderators are human.... but they're bots.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I spend anywhere from 0 - 3 hours a day doing mod stuff/reading the forums. We're not obligated to spend x hours/day as we are not employees; we're volunteers. That said, of those 0-3 hours/day 99% of it is time I'd spend reading the forums anyways. I just do a bit more each visit than I would otherwise.
  • I spend anywhere from 0 - 3 hours a day doing mod stuff/reading the forums. We're not obligated to spend x hours/day as we are not employees; we're volunteers. That said, of those 0-3 hours/day 99% of it is time I'd spend reading the forums anyways. I just do a bit more each visit than I would otherwise.

Now say that again in your normal voice? All I'm getting is green static..
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My forum browsing habits haven't changed much at all. I still check the forums around the same times twice a day like I used to, but I spend maybe an extra ten minutes a visit going through the posts that need approval after I view whatever new posts.