Fight Timing

Options
MattR42
MattR42 Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
edited January 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
If I start a fight right before the end of a tournament but I don't finish until after it's over, do it still change my score?

Sometimes I'll shield 15 minutes before the end of a lightning round, but then find that I am below the threshold for a diabolical token. I'll break shield and attack someone, but I don't know whether I'm missing the goal because I didn't get credit for the kill or because someone is attacking me during that brief window.

Comments

• There's a minute or two leeway after it finishes. If you were attacked, you'd likely have gotten a popup for it.
  • MattR42 wrote:
    If I start a fight right before the end of a tournament but I don't finish until after it's over, do it still change my score?

Sometimes I'll shield 15 minutes before the end of a lightning round, but then find that I am below the threshold for a diabolical token. I'll break shield and attack someone, but I don't know whether I'm missing the goal because I didn't get credit for the kill or because someone is attacking me during that brief window.

If it shows you the screen increasing your score, it counts, I believe. If not, you missed the window.
  • There's a minute or two leeway after it finishes. If you were attacked, you'd likely have gotten a popup for it.

and this is definately true. you will get pop-ups for attacks, even if the tournament ends. (I regularly get such a list of attacks after a lightning round that I skipped the end of).
  • From personal experience,

There is **not** a grace window at the end of a tournament.

Although you are allowed to play a tournament round that officially started while the tournament was still valid, it does not count unless you finish the round AND the game reports the win to the game servers BEFORE the clock strikes zero. (For this reason, I really hate the "New Reward" animation at the end of fight during the last minute of an event)

You can tell when this occurs by watching for a tell-tale sign on the "You Win" screen.

Look at the color of the eagle emblem on the screen:

If the eagle emblem is blue (for PVP tournies) or yellow (for PvE tournies), then you beat the buzzer and the score and ranking counts.

If the eagle emblem is grey, then the tournament timer has ended and the score will **not** count for credit, despite the game reporting that it is counting it. (Personal thought: I think this has to do with the rounds being played locally, with game only reporting results to the server after the round is concluded. Thus, local phone/PC says "Yes, this counts", tells the user it does, reports it to the server, which responds, "No, it does not." [the grey eagle] - but does not notify the user of the point disqualification otherwise.)
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Seconding everything Lyrian said. No grace period, or if there is one, it's blink-and-you'll-miss-it short.