Hood v. Loki

Options
13»

Comments

• Omega Blacc
    Omega Blacc Posts: 69 Match Maker
    Options
    It's gotta be Loki in my opinion.

I just got Hood to 5 blue covers, so I definitely see the appeal of his AP boosting / suppression potential...although that hinges entirely upon a favorable board and whether your enemy is actually breaking the tiles that your team needs to cast attacks, right?

Loki is a true game changer. Mischief steals AP while creating potential matches for even more AP (or even cascades). Illusions is basically an extra turn. Let the stupid AI match 4 and give you all the AP.

I've been running Patch / Loki / Laken and I cast B. Rage with Trickery coming right after. Now I have Laken's strike tiles and Patch's strike tiles on the board and about 600 hit points worth of protection. With match 3's hitting for over 1K at this point I throw an Illusion or two out there to see what I can get.

Hey how about that...another 2-3K worth of damage before I make my actual move. If your strike tiles break in the process, what does it matter when they have none from B. Rage anyway?

And about the defensive argument? Defense is almost non existent in this game. It's all mind tricks. Leave your most intimidating or time consuming heroes on defense and let your fellow players decide whether they want to dance or not. There's no true defense when your opponent can queue you up and then boost your squad to hell. Offense and shielding are far more important, and Loki is the better bet at giving you game control when you attack.

Not every character should be judged by PvP effectiveness, btw...