Why not just steal my health packs?

icon_neutral.gif Let me start by saying that I don't mind losing. I enjoy the thrill of actual competition and how much you can learn defeat. I do however loath feeling cheated.... Since I find myself with a couple of hours to spare, I choose to spend them ranting.

One would think that in a game where there isn't even the option of playing against or with your friend that the AI would be competent or better than you. One would truly be wrong! There are so many issues here that I overlooked due to coincidence or other anomalous and unavoidable reasons until my eyes were forced open. A person of reason or logic MUST believe in aliens when they wake up to find themselves being probed by little green men with three fingers and big black eyes!

Complaining about the last second miracle cascades that turn perfectly played games into disgustingly painful victories or how often you are punished by horrible boards when you use powerful boosts would be erroneous so they are mentioned only in passing here. Let's talk instead about a computer too stupid to take a five tile "L" match or target a weakened opponent yet can save stuns for use just as you power up to kill them and exploit "third" match small cascades to reach relatively secure buff tiles the turn after you create them. A computer so mindless that it will often use an ability to create a massive buff tile only to match it the next second but seems to know how to "counter" match your colors to the point of copying your first match wether they need it or not. Test these yourself my friends if you don't believe me!

Beat me but do it fairly. I want an opponent with the ability to perform the indirect cascades, counter match me, target intelligently and save abilities for peak effective use. It's not the abilities I'm complaining about, its the unbalanced nature of intelligent play that gets to me. It's like playing with an omniscient and omnipotent idiot who after taking a beating for the first two thirds decides to dry up your board, make perfect matches to include "blind" ones then sometimes allows you to pull off the victory after dealing enough damage to ensure the use of health packs! Then just for fun it lays down the next time as if to give you the middle finger. I don't know how to program a game or fix these issues but I didn't release a game under the assumption that I did so all I can do is speak up and hope my words carry meaning with those who can. Thanks for your time,
BrokenbigtoeBob