Non expiring cover rewards

Can we get rid of the one week expiration on an earned reward? Also can we add in a select option for covers we want to sell. If I have a lot to sell except one cover, I have to individually select each one and sell it. It would be nice to be able to check the ones you want to sell. I have a IW reward I got today and would like to stock pile her if she ever gets buffed so I can possibly respec accordingly. I'm not sure why they expire, I guess they don't their databases to grow too large?

Comments

• If covers did not expire then we would just let them sit there until we earned enough in-game HPs to buy a slot. With the seven day expiration, they can make you panic that you are going to lose a difficult to obtain cover and drop the money on some HPs. This illustrates one of the main things I have come to not like about this game. It plays against you in really dumb ways that would not exist in a sane game design, unless you have to imagine new ways to thwart fun game play and encourage cash spend.
  • Amps00 wrote:
    If covers did not expire then we would just let them sit there until we earned enough in-game HPs to buy a slot. With the seven day expiration, they can make you panic that you are going to lose a difficult to obtain cover and drop the money on some HPs. This illustrates one of the main things I have come to not like about this game. It plays against you in really dumb ways that would not exist in a sane game design, unless you have to imagine new ways to thwart fun game play and encourage cash spend.

Yeah so I agree, I just don't understand why they make you sell them or use them unless it's a technical/performance issue which if that's the case I guess I could understand. Or increase the expiration to 2 weeks or even a month.
  • veneretio
    veneretio Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Amps00 wrote:
    If covers did not expire then we would just let them sit there until we earned enough in-game HPs to buy a slot. With the seven day expiration, they can make you panic that you are going to lose a difficult to obtain cover and drop the money on some HPs. This illustrates one of the main things I have come to not like about this game. It plays against you in really dumb ways that would not exist in a sane game design, unless you have to imagine new ways to thwart fun game play and encourage cash spend.

Yeah so I agree, I just don't understand why they make you sell them or use them unless it's a technical/performance issue which if that's the case I guess I could understand. Or increase the expiration to 2 weeks or even a month.
    It's so you'll spend real money on roster slots.
  • veneretio wrote:
    Amps00 wrote:

It's so you'll spend real money on roster slots.

No doubt I'm sure that's a part of it but that money making mechanism doesn't disappear with extended or no expiration dates.
  • Arctic_One
    Arctic_One Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    I would be more likely to buy a roster slot if i had 5 or more covers of a 3*/4* collected in Rewards than I would if I had 1 cover. An example for me is Falcon. I have probably only had 5 covers of his over the span of almost a year. They have been weeks to months apart from each other so I never found it fruitful to spend HP on a slot for one cover of a rarely needed character. So I sell the cover. If I had 5 of them stored away and then the Falcon Essential event/node came along, then I would likely buy that slot. As of now, the essential node isn't worth 550 HP+ to gain 20-250 iso .
    So to say that expiring covers encourages spending, doesn't seem true.

And yes, PLEASE add the ability to select numerous covers to sell at one time rather than just one at a time and sell all.
  • Arctic_One wrote:
    I would be more likely to buy a roster slot if i had 5 or more covers of a 3*/4* collected in Rewards than I would if I had 1 cover. An example for me is Falcon. I have probably only had 5 covers of his over the span of almost a year. They have been weeks to months apart from each other so I never found it fruitful to spend HP on a slot for one cover of a rarely needed character. So I sell the cover. If I had 5 of them stored away and then the Falcon Essential event/node came along, then I would likely buy that slot. As of now, the essential node isn't worth 550 HP+ to gain 20-250 iso .
    So to say that expiring covers encourages spending, doesn't seem true.

And yes, PLEASE add the ability to select numerous covers to sell at one time rather than just one at a time and sell all.
    ya!!! accidentally sold my iron fist today when getting rid of a hood blackflag.png i didn't need from a pull icon_eek.gificon_redface.gif . but that's what i get when i play sleep deprived.
  • ya!!! accidentally sold my iron fist today when getting rid of a hood blackflag.png i didn't need from a pull icon_eek.gificon_redface.gif . but that's what i get when i play sleep deprived.
    Send in a ticket to support and ask for it back. They're generally generous to little mistakes like that, as they can pull up records that show you've earned it.

To original topic, R72 increases expiry time to 2 weeks. Not as good as never-expire, but still a whole lot better.