Banned yet again..

Options
Today log in to see I've been kicked from my alliance and am sandboxed. Can't join alliances and getting the ever so familiar "There is a problem with your account" prompt.

Now bear in mind I've spent around 800$ on this game so cheating obviously isn't my angle and you can clearly tell by my highly underdeveloped roster that I don't cheat.

This happened before and it was found to be an error on their part but I'm at my boiling point now. I spend so much on this game and this isn't the only thing that has happened that has cost me rewards some of which were 5-6 day PvE events. Now that I'm in a top 50 alliance and a strong contributor everyone is feeling the heat this time. It cut me out at the end of Cyclops and we lost rewards, Loki will end soon and my PvE score is going to suffer because I'm not going to pour time into it when I play in fear that my account will someday be infinitely banned for absolutely no reason.

If anyone has a way of pushing my ticket ahead I would greatly appreciate it. Until then I suppose I'm on the back burner.

Comments

• David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    3uphoria wrote:
    If anyone has a way of pushing my ticket ahead I would greatly appreciate it.

Looking into it. We'll try and get this sorted out quickly. Feel free to shoot me a PM.
  • "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    3uphoria wrote:
    If anyone has a way of pushing my ticket ahead I would greatly appreciate it.

Looking into it. We'll try and get this sorted out quickly. Feel free to shoot me a PM.

I think that's awesome service.
  • Hello, also happened to me the same thing, let us know if you have solved the problem, I have not yet done
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hello, also happened to me the same thing, let us know if you have solved the problem, I have not yet done

PM David right away.
  • When this happened to my best alliance member (twice) it would have been nice for him to know he could come here and get faster service. Unfortunately after it happened once and took about a month to fix, then happened again a month or so later he gave up and left the game.
  • I've often wondered what happens when I do reach the character wall and someone turns me in for cheating because they can't believe I legitimately earned my roster. It worries me to think i could wake up and discover the same thing one day. Could someone explain how the process is handled, how this can happen and is the compensation for such bad luck merely having your account given back to you? Like this original poster I also spend more cash than I should here and feel there should be more than an "oops, our bad", here is all the stuff you paid for that we took away minus an alliance and rewards you could have earned. Please accept our apology and spend some more.

It's nice to see a developer get on it so fast and it's good to know there is an avenue for such things but how does it happen in the first place?
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    BBTBob wrote:
    It's nice to see a developer get on it so fast and it's good to know there is an avenue for such things but how does it happen in the first place?

HiFi actually works for the publisher, but he does work very closely with customer service. Just thought I'd clarify. :]
    BBTBob wrote:
    I've often wondered what happens when I do reach the character wall and someone turns me in for cheating because they can't believe I legitimately earned my roster. It worries me to think i could wake up and discover the same thing one day. Could someone explain how the process is handled, how this can happen and is the compensation for such bad luck merely having your account given back to you? Like this original poster I also spend more cash than I should here and feel there should be more than an "oops, our bad", here is all the stuff you paid for that we took away minus an alliance and rewards you could have earned. Please accept our apology and spend some more.

I don't know any specific details, per se but I can give a little insight here. MPQ refers to this as getting 'sandboxed' - meaning that they can still play, but none of their score or placement is considered by the server as official - these players are removed from their Alliance, unable to join another until the are removed from the sandbox, any points they accumulate are not recorded on official ranking and are only visible locally, any placements these players arrive at are only visible locally, and finally these players cannot be queued in any events.

There's two ways a player arrives in the sandbox; they're reported and an investigation finds suspicion behavior or there are automated systems in place to try and weed out cheaters before they make an impact on the game's state. I've never heard of a false positive on a report (not to say they don't happen), but from time to time the automated systems get people that aren't in fact cheating, but happen to surpass whatever metrics they use as benchmarks.
  • BBTBob wrote:

HiFi actually works for the publisher, but he does work very closely with customer service. Just thought I'd clarify. :]
    BBTBob wrote:
    I've often wondered what happens when I do reach the character wall and someone turns me in for cheating because they can't believe I legitimately earned my roster. It worries me to think i could wake up and discover the same thing one day. Could someone explain how the process is handled, how this can happen and is the compensation for such bad luck merely having your account given back to you? Like this original poster I also spend more cash than I should here and feel there should be more than an "oops, our bad", here is all the stuff you paid for that we took away minus an alliance and rewards you could have earned. Please accept our apology and spend some more.

I don't know any specific details, per se but I can give a little insight here. MPQ refers to this as getting 'sandboxed' - meaning that they can still play, but none of their score or placement is considered by the server as official - these players are removed from their Alliance, unable to join another until the are removed from the sandbox, any points they accumulate are not recorded on official ranking and are only visible locally, any placements these players arrive at are only visible locally, and finally these players cannot be queued in any events.

There's two ways a player arrives in the sandbox; they're reported and an investigation finds suspicion behavior or there are automated systems in place to try and weed out cheaters before they make an impact on the game's state. I've never heard of a false positive on a report (not to say they don't happen), but from time to time the automated systems get people that aren't in fact cheating, but happen to surpass whatever metrics they use as benchmarks.

Thank you much for the input icon_e_smile.gif
  • Thanks for posting your problem. This morning I found myself out of my alliance and was wondering if I got kicked out. I thought to myself, "I'm very active in chat, I'm active in all events, I get along with all members, and I was just recently promoted to commander status, why would they kick me out". Then I read your post on stating, "There is a problem with your account" prompt and also that I needed to contact customer support and I knew D3 screwed me over. I sent in a ticket explaining that I couldn't rejoin my alliance or any alliance for that matter. I guess that's what you mean by getting sandboxed. I explained the reason that I did and do not cheat. If anyone would see my roster then they would definitely agree.

I am on day 499 and have been stockpiling on ISO. I'm nearing the 2 million mark, currently at 1,960,676 ISO. I mentioned this in my submitted complaint, even stating that I was doing so for bragging rights within my alliance. I definitely know that's gotta be the reason I got axed. My complaint is the same. I am losing out on alliance rewards and have lost my spot as it is now filled. I made a lot of good friends there and feel bad that I am unable to communicate with them, at least to let them know what's going on. There has got to be some kind of compensation for this because there was absolutely no reason why I am being singled out in this way. I've worked hard and played hours on hours on end to earn what I have accomplished, sacrificing time, effort, sleep, $$$, and harsh arguments with the wife. What, does D3 think that we are unable to reach these "milestones" on our own without cheating? Shame on you D3!!!
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For the most part, up until recently, it was pretty close to impossible without cheating. Not that that makes it any less aggravating, but it is pretty true, otherwise, it wouldn't be much of a milestone, would it? Keep in mind this is an automated system, for the most part, and no one is intentionally trying to bring you down. That aside, just be patient with CS - they've been very good about compensation recently - hopefully they can get it ironed out in a day or two and you won't miss much.

I feel ya on the whole lack of communication thing though, and as a sidenote, I would totally suggest setting up a chat on Line for your Alliance. You can download it on your computer or your phone, and it makes for really easy communication. If you do decide to go that route, feel free to add me and I can add you to a public MPQ chat too. icon_e_smile.gif