Wife just pulled a gsbw and lazy daken cover. how?

Options
Pinko_McFly
Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
edited February 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
My wife just bought some gold using the newborn offer.
So she went and started opening her covers. She got a grey suit black widow and a lazy daken. I have no idea what type of pack they came from. They simply said 'recruited' above them in the list of available covers.
I know she did not start until after daken was vaulted, prob black widow too.
Ive not seen any news about them coming out of vault. Any ideas?

Comments

• DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think the "vault" concept only applies to heroic and event tokens. I believe that standard tokens have a chance to grant any cover, albeit with microscopically small chances for any of the 3*-4* covers. Nonetheless, I've gotten multiple 4* covers from standard tokens. It only happens like once in every 200 or so, but... it's possible your wife just got very, very lucky with standard tokens.

"Recruited" just means they came from a token and not from an event reward or PvP matchup, as far as I know.
  • Pinko_McFly
    Options
    If that's the case shes crazy lucky seeing how she only opened 12 tokens
  • Unknown
    edited February 2015
    Options
    standard tokens result in about a one in thirty chance of getting a 3 star cover....... The RNG is just that random... You can get super lucky, I have heard and also seen myself that from the Heroic ten packs, you can get five or more 3 stars or better in those ten covers, HOWEVER equally you can go as many as six or so ten packs without ever seeing anything more than a 2 star cover but this last case is very very rare....but it does happen

The same applies to the standard tokens. You will mostly see one stars, two stars once every ten or so covers, three star covers around thirty or so... and four stars do appear in them and I have only ever got one that way in year of playing pretty much non stop.

Vaulted and even new characters don't follow the same rules in standard packs.. I had an alliance member pull one of the new characters a few events back before the character was even rewarded for the event and it hadn't even finished yet at the time.
  • Pinko_McFly
    Options
    Ive definately gotten my share of 3*s from the std tokens. I just did not know Vaulted characters were still available there. I figured they would have been removed from there as well to keep the probabilities even.