New Idea? What about Achievements and Trophies?

dragons fist
dragons fist Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
How about some achievements and reward type trophies?
I was thinking something like;

win a battle without losing health = wins .... 100 HP something like that

maybe because it is a one off, it should be a bigger reward..... extra roster slot?

other Achievements...

overkill the last enemy by 1000 health .... Blue Hood Cover

destroy 50 tiles in a turn ..... 4* thor or ten health packs

would add another element to good game..

win a battle as guardians of the galaxy (starlord, gamora and groot)...wins starlord cover

the list goes on....

Comments

• dragons fist
    What made me think of the idea was that I got this crazy cascade where... maybe I wiped over a 100 tiles in a cascade. And thought man thats gotta be worth something. Then after that I got wiped out by an amazing enemy cascade and thought that should also be worth something.
  • team gets wiped by enemy cascade achievement A.I. cheats unlocked + 20 iso
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    I think some of the prizes you suggest might be deceptively easy to win:
    destroy 50 tiles in a turn ..... 4* thor or ten health packs
    With 5 covers, doesn't Marvel Mags blue power destroys every tile on the board? Probably can't award a 4* cover for completing a 2* character and firing one of their powers.

And other's are maybe too generous:
    win a battle as guardians of the galaxy (starlord, gamora and groot)...wins starlord cover

But I do agree with the general concept. If the prizes were ISO-based, and not huge I think it could be cute. The prizes could work in a few ways, but generally speaking every PVP event could have 3 available 'achievements' that would merit bonus ISO prizes. The list you mention are all good starts. Other ones could include:
    * win 'x' matches using the loaned copy of the feature
    * win 'x' matches using a particular other character or characters

SHIELD SIMULATOR could have a replenishing list of achievements. After you win one of the achievements a new one from the list could rotate into its place.
  • dragons fist
    win 'x' matches using the loaned copy of the feature
    Yeah that sounds too much like grinding to me, fist hates grinding.
    With 5 covers, doesn't Marvel Mags blue power destroys every tile on the board? Probably can't award a 4* cover for completing a 2* character and firing one of their powers.
    Nah his blue power only turns 5 tiles to blue, not the whole board. The only character that can destroy the entire board is venom- if im not mistaken and thats only if hes got 6 web tiles on the board at the time. thats kinda hard to do on its own. prob need bagman and spidey and venom to even have a chance of getting 6 web tiles on the board. but that sounds like an achievement .... destroy the whole board .....win.....10 pack. Fist loves the 10 pack!
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    win 'x' matches using the loaned copy of the feature
    Yeah that sounds too much like grinding to me, fist hates grinding.

'X' can be a value as low as '1'. Doesn't have to be grindy.
    Nah his blue power only turns 5 tiles to blue, not the whole board. The only character that can destroy the entire board is venom- if im not mistaken and thats only if hes got 6 web tiles on the board at the time. thats kinda hard to do on its own. prob need bagman and spidey and venom to even have a chance of getting 6 web tiles on the board. but that sounds like an achievement .... destroy the whole board .....win.....10 pack. Fist loves the 10 pack!

You are thinking 3* Magneto's pre-nerf blue power. I was referring to 2* Magneto's blue:

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=501
    Level 5: Increase area of effect to entire board, +1 to Countdown timer, +4 AP Cost.

No one runs him 5 blue, and even if they did the power is too expensive and the countdown too long.
  • dragons fist
    You are thinking 3* Magneto's pre-nerf blue power. I was referring to 2* Magneto's blue:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=501
    Level 5: Increase area of effect to entire board, +1 to Countdown timer, +4 AP Cost.

No one runs him 5 blue, and even if they did the power is too expensive and the countdown too long.
    You are so right, I never knew that, Funny but that even adds to the achievement. as most people will have to win a couple of blue mags covers first to use it.